Chapter Four: Lunch

Agatha sat at a table alone at lunch, waiting for Sophie to come. Hopefully, Sophie would see her and come sit with her. Agatha heard footsteps behind her suddenly, and hoped it was Sophie. When she turned around though, it was short who was there.

"Hi Agatha! I know you said we don't know each other enough to really be friends yet, but we can be lunch buddies, right?" He sat down at the table and Agatha didn't have the heart to tell him not to.

Just then, she saw Sophie walk into the lunch area. She was walking with another princess, Kiko. Sophie smiled when she saw Agatha. "Aggie! Hi!" She squealed, walking up and sitting down at the table. "This is Kiko, Kiko, this is Aggie."

Agatha couldn't help but smile. Sophie's energy was infectious sometimes and she secretly loved the nickname Sophie called her. It made her feel liked for once.

Agatha looked over at Hort and his mouth was wide open. "You're friends with her?" He whispered in Agatha's ear in disbelief.

"Yes."

"She's really pretty. Beautiful even. I've never met a girl as pretty as her before! Do you think she likes me?"

Just then, a handsome boy with golden hair walks up and sits down next to Sophie who swoons at the sight of him. Tedros.

"Hi!" She smiles, "Teddy- do you mind if I call you Teddy? This is Aggie, my best friend and this is... sorry, who are you?" She stared at Hort.

"I'm Hort. It's great to meet you! You're really pretty." Hort had a dreamy look in his eye as he looked at Sophie.

Poor Hort. Agatha thought. He doesn't stand a chance.

"Um, how come you're sitting here?" Sophie asked, feigning nice when it was obvious to Agatha that Sophie didn't want him sitting there.

"I'm friends with Agatha."

"Oh! Aggie, you already made a friend? That's so great!" Sophie bubbled. Agatha could tell Sophie was surprised anyone wanted to be friends with her.

The rest of lunch, Hort and Tedros just flirted with Sophie and she laughed with Kiko and Tedros and only spoke a few words to Agatha and Agatha wondered how could Sophie get two incredibly different guys to like her when Agatha couldn't even get one.