1

"How many times do I have to tell you that you should NOT join a gang?!" Her father holds the steering wheel tighter as he scolds his hard-headed daughter, who is sitting at the backseat.

"It's very dangerous for you, Yeji, you know that."

He grits his teeth and narrows his eyes at the rear-view mirror to look at her daughter, "You should be thankful that the judge agreed to take the money. You're supposed to be locked up in jail right now."

Mr. Hwang is known as the Chief Executive Officer of HWTech, one of the largest technology supplier in South Korea, and the biggest private accompliance of the government. Yeji, the one and only daughter, is obviously the heiress of the company.

But how can his daughter handle the business properly if Yeji was involved in an illegal drug use?

"Ugh," Running a hand over her silvered-long hair, Yeji groans as she shifts her gaze to the trees that are passing by. 

She is getting tired of her father's non-stop sermon. If her mother is still alive right now, this situation would not occur.

Mr. Hwang heard her daughter's huff, causing him to let out an exasperated sigh through his nose as well. He has tried every possible method to discipline his child, but Yeji is unwilling to listen.

"We are here." Her father informs while parking the car inside the basement of the building.

Yeji roams her eyes around the area before unbuckling the seatbelt and hopping out the car. And judging by the place, it looks.. scary.

Community Service sucks. Yeji thought to herself as she and her father are walking side by side towards the creepy establishment.

The building is massive, far larger than a typical hospital. They are still in the open area, outside the building, but the ambience of the place is already cold and unwelcoming. Obviously, Yeji hates the place already.

Yeji stops on her track, causing her father to stop walking as well and looks at her with his knitted brows.

"Does the judge really wants me to do this?" Yeji asks with a hint of annoyance while eyeing his dad.

For the nth time, her father let out a deep sigh before answering his daughter, "Do you really want to stay in jail for 6 months?"

"Yes. I would rather stay in jail together with my friends than taking care a mentally ill patient for three months." Yeji answers without hesitation as she folds her arms across her chest.

Well, the girl has a valid point. She'd prefer the sentence in jail since she has her gang with her than staying inside the mental hospital everyday for three months.

However, her father agreed to this decision to prevent a scandal about his family. If the public discovers that his daughter was sentenced to prison, it may have an impact on their business.

"Can you just please listen to me this time?" Anger crept into her father's voice but voiced it in a low-tone in order to avoid being heard by others.

"And that is your punishment for doing illegal acts, Yeji."

Yeji rolls her eyes and stomps her foot lightly on the ground, annoyed by the judge and her father's decision, "Whatever." She hisses.

"Let's move." Her father commands and Yeji couldn't do anything but to follow the old man, keeping her arms crossed.

As soon as the two reach the lobby of the building, a lady in a white suiti approaches them,

"Oh, you must be Mr. Hwang." The lady voiced out nicely, smiling huge.

"Yes, I am." He replies, "And this is my daughter, Yeji." He tries to touch Yeji's arm but the latter avoid his hand.