3

Days had passed, and the only words that Yeji could hear from Ryujin are "Thank you" and..

"Stupid." Ryujin blurts out when she heard a loud thud.

Yeji slipped on the floor after spilling the water accidentally, causing her butt to hit the ground.

"Oh my god, you talked again." Yeji stands up while rubbing her butt. She smiles despite the pain on her ass because finally, Ryujin has said something other than 'thank you.'

Ryujin maintained her poker face as she drinks the Nokchawon, a Korean green tea that Yeji made for her. It has mild and delicate flavor which Ryujin really likes.

It's Yeji's daily routine. Every morning, before she go to the asylum, she's brewing a Nokchawon for the black-haired girl. Yeji knows that Ryujin likes the tea, even if Ryujin won't confess it.

"Ryujin-ah, I'm going to sit beside you, okay?" Yeji asks for permission, and again, she waits for Ryujin's approval but Yeji got none in return.

But, silence means yes, right? Yeji sits on the edge of bed gently, centimeters away from Ryujin. Yeji could see the beautiful side profile of Ryujin. Her jawline and cheekbones are very.. attractive.

"I have something for you, Ryujin-ah.. Can I touch your hand?" Yeji questions, expecting no reaction from Ryujin, but Yeji's feline eyes widen when she sees Ryujin move her head up and down in response to Yeji's.

Ryujin nodded, for the first time.

Progress.

"O-okay.." For some reason, Yeji is nervous. Why would she? She's just going touch Ryujin's hand. It's not that big deal.  Yeji deeply sighs before touching Ryujin's hand.

Ryujin's hands are smaller than hers, it's so soft and cute, to the point that Yeji wants to squish it but she just stop herself from doing it.

Yeji places down the small gift on Ryujin's hand, "This is a fidget cube."

Yeji made a research the other day and she found out that fidget cubes, fidget spinners, or any kinds of fidget toys are for anti-stress and anxiety relief.

Yeji guides Ryujin's finger to play with the fidget cube, "You can click, squeeze, or spin it."

Yeji let go of Ryujin's hand and the latter seemed to enjoy clicking the toy which caused Yeji to smile broadly.

"You like it?"

And for the second time, Ryujin nods and says, "Thank you."

"You're welcome, Ryu."

Yeji kept her smile as she stares on Ryujin's eyes. She badly wants to know the reason behind the girl's blindness but she stops herself from asking.

Yeji diverted her eyes from the other direction. She was about to stand up to sit on the chair but suddenly,

"Yeji?"

Yeji stops breathing for a second and she could feel her heart increases its tempo than normal. Did she hear it right? Did.. Ryujin just mentioned her name? Yeji couldn't believe what she just heard so she simply stared at the other girl who is still facing the window.

"Yeji-ah?"

Yeji blinks twice, snapping back to reality.

"Y-yes, Ryujin-ah?"

"Can I touch you?"

"W-what?" Yeji stutters as she furrows her brows. Having a pervert mind, Yeji interprets Ryujin's question in a different way.