The Unexpected Ray of the Day

An ordinary day for me, and my usual way of ending by stopping by somewhere before going home. This time, I decided to stop by the old classic bakery near my workplace.

The same old bakery shop where we used to meet, the same taste of bread we used to like to eat. The moment I stepped in, I can't debate to myself that the image of him lingering in my mind flashed back on repeat.....the image of me and him sitting on that exact same spot years ago.

Five years was long enough, was distant enough, was consumed enough.....

But it wasn't enough to ignore the familiar shadow that covered the light of this one single day. The shoes, the lines of the hair, the side of his face, even half of it is masked, yet his eyes cannot mute the impulse within me to recall everything about him from the passenger seat of my ride.

That shadow suddenly dimmed questions of curiosity that leads my subconscious to tell the driver to run after that car where he is.

Literally, we were heading on the same place but on different cars. But he leave first, I was left behind, and I lose sight of him.

I was lost in that shadow and slowly my own streaks of light one by one appeared, putting me back on the spotlight of reality. He was really just a sight I couldn't reach.

Yes, we were heading on the same place. The place to love and to be loved again, to be free, to fly, to do everything we cannot before.

Yes, we were riding on different cars. The cars of scars, the scars of lessons, of purpose, of love, of hope.

Yes, we were heading on the same place but with different destinations, different roads, separate paths. The path of love and the road to be loved again, to be free, to walk, to do everything we cannot before.

All of these we both hoped, but no, not anymore, not with each other anymore.