Chapter 4 - Feelings

"What is it?"

"Its Aunt Caroline"

"Did something happen to her?" Shalewa whispered. Worry and fear grabbing hold of her.

"No, she's fine" Shalewa released a sigh of relief.

"Then what is it?"

"I've gotten some information about the case but what I found was....shocking."

"What is it?" Shali stressed. She was very curious.

"I think she knows who did those horrible things to your family."

This statement made Shali speechless. Its not possible. She might not know her aunty much but Shalewa knew that her aunty was a good person.
Aunt Caroline took her as a family when she didn't have any. Aunt Caroline cared for her and gave her anything she asked. Aunt Caroline loved her.
Shalewa couldn't believe that she would hide anything from her concerning her parents. Aunt Caroline has never met their parents before.

Shali wanted to respond to Joshua but Tara spoke first.

"Joshua why would you accuse Aunty Caroline like that!
Did you find anything about her parents murder that has to do with Aunt Caroline?" Tara asked.

Joshua had secretly been working on Shali's parent case ever since he became a police officer. Everyone thought it was an accident but what Joshua found out was the opposite.

"Yes, has Aunt Caroline ever told you she was married?" Joshua asked Shali.

"No because she isn't."

"Well, She is."

Shali shook her head. She will not believe it.

"I want to ask her myself"

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
      A week later

Shalewa had collected the witness information and she was walking to Emma's office.
Shali was confused of why Emma made her assistant. Emma had a paralegal. Why was she the one doing all the work. And why did  the partners even agree to this?

Shali had reached the door to Emma's office.
The inscription on the door was written in bold letters: Senior Partner Emma Bankole.

"How did this happen" Shali asked herself

'Two years ago' Her subconscious told her.

Two years ago the writing was not there. Two years ago everything was different. Two years ago Emma was introduced to the firm and became assistant to Shalewa when she was given a case. That was the time Shali was supposed to get a promotion if she win the case. And she did!
She won the case.
But as shocking as it was then, Emma got promoted over her because her daddy is a politician.

Shali came back to reality and opened the door.

Emma's office was much larger than Shali's and brighter as well.
The walls were covered in orange colour with few paintings to complement it and a large clock that could be clearly seen.

Emma's paralegal was the first person shali saw when she entered the room. But she was making a call and writing simultaneously that she didn't see Shali.
Shalewa went up to Emma's table where she sat focusing on some papers.
Her multicolored braided hair was tied in a ponytail. There was only small makeup on her fair skin and a pink lipstick.
She wore a fancy armless floral gown.

"Hi Emma"

"Yeah, have you found some info about the witness" Emma responded, not looking up.

  'She cannot even greet'