Chapter |8|

Under cloud of thoughts

Third Person's pov:

      |• Vermiel laid still on top of the mattress, a thick blanket over her and her company's body to warm them from the chilly night.

'Know him? Dion? Since childhood?'

Vermiel didn't know what he was talking about, the dinner earlier was weird and unexpected. Dion and Lant claims that they knew each other as children?

She barely even remembers anything about going to another country when she was a child. So thet must be lying, right?

Or was it Lant who brought his son to Europe? It's possible, there are many ways that they could've met...

They were kids, might be even younger than she thinks. Children rather forgets things from their childhood, and maybe that's the case...

Her hand slowly drags up to her contract mark, rubbing it to comfort herself. It doesn't matter, once Sebastian arrives they'll finish the mission and go back to the mannor and rest...

While caressing, she closed her eyes, a sudden memory played.

"I don't need anything nor anyone that could break our contract...

Sebastian...take care of it"

She opened her eyes again.

'"take care of it"?...When did I gave that order? What did I mean by that?'

She groaned lightly, feeling her head suddenly sting. She roled to her right, cradling her aching head, trying to ease the growing pain...

'How did Sebastian took care if it?'

She sighed, she'll just hve to ask him.

She lightly flinched when a muscular arn wrapped around her nd tugged her closer. She turned her hwad to the left and met with red droopy eyes, she immediately looked away...

Sure, Dion said that he won't touch her inappropriately again but he still didn't restrict himself from being affectionate.

"Can't sleep?", He asked. Vermiel flushed red at the sound of his low and husky voice. She has never been this intimate with a man before, even Sebastian doesn't go this far...and he's a demon.

Vermiel nodded, she felt him nuzzle his nose on her nape making her flinch. Dion gave her a long kiss on her nape before burying his whole face on her hair.

Vermiel couldn't help but feel hot, like she was blushing all over her body, it was overwhelming. 'How shameless', sje cursed him.

Vermiel finally got her head out of her theories and fell asleep, her brain drained with all she could think of.

Dion fluttered his eyes open, hugging the woman tighter and closer. He felt satisfied that he could do this again...

Like the old times...

  |• Morning came quickly as they fell asleep, but Vermiel was still asleep, savoring the FINALLY NORMAL SLEEP she has ever took.