💫 💫 💫 💫

Life could be so unfair sometimes. One moment, Jungkook had a clear goal, a set purpose, and a strong determination to see his objective through.

And the next, all that resolve had dissolved into nothingness as the young space marauder lost himself inside the candid gaze of two hazel orbs which stared back at him so softly he felt his knees melt.

"Have you come to rescue us?"

The man spoke in ancient tongue but Jungkook understood him nonetheless, thanks no doubt to Zin's instant translation in his ear piece. The question now was how to admit to the most innocent-looking person he had ever met that he had intended to steal their supplies. And that he possibly would have left them to sleep for all eternity.

"Zin? Change of plans."

"Yes, Captain."

"I'm assigning you a new mission. We are to escort this ship—"

"This is no ship. It's an ark," said the stranger with the brightest beam on his face, nearly blinding Jungkook with it.

"Right. Escorting this ark to the closest inhabitable world."

If an AI could squeal, Jungkook was convinced that was what Zin was presently doing.

"Permission to rename this mission New Gaia," Zin enquired.

"Granted," Jungkook replied, smiling back at the earthling who wasted no time taking hold of his hand.

"Thank you."

Captain Jeon should have said something about the fact that such world would possibly take years to locate, if they ever could find one. Captain Jeon should also have panicked at the thought of feeding a whole crew. He barely had enough supplies for himself. But the hand wrapped around his own was warm. And the smile, warmer still. And so he decided he did not mind spending the rest of his life making sure it would never fade.

"You're welcome," was all he managed.