Prologue

The sombre of the night shone with the ivory sphere still at it's place while the stars twinkled brightly as if swaying in the calmness of the night

The sombre of the night shone with the ivory sphere still at it's place while the stars twinkled brightly as if swaying in the calmness of the night. The dark freckles on the moon were randomly dusted over it imparting the fact that nothing in this world is ever perfect. Perfection is a mere illusion.

At the same time it proudly proclaimed how even after flaws, how even after many imperfections, some things can be worth gazing at, worth of everything in the world. The milky rays seeped through the translucent curtains that were swaying on their own rhyme. The swift breeze created ripples in the pond making the lotus and water lillies lurching on the surface, unaware of their real position in that pond.

A tender hand, bejeweled in rings and bangles caressed the jasmines kept in the room. Her gaze fell upon her husband who was busy gazing at the stars in the balcony. A sigh escaped her lips and thereafter she busied herself with the flowers. The flames of the lamp wavered as she sat with the bunch of jasmines in her lap.

Her hair swayed and fell on her face periodically which she brushed off. She played and touched the jasmines cherishing their soft touch against her palms and relishing the memories that came along with them. The man entered the room to see his wife, dressed in white with minimal jewelry examining the jasmines as if they were the most important thing in the world. With light steps, he approached her and sat behind his wife.

She sensed her husband but didn't pay any attention to him, enjoying her company with the constant companions.

"I'd never understand your obsession with flowers." He mumbled in a low voice in the silence of the room. He gently moved her hair to a side and planted soft kiss on her nape. She sighed and leaned into his warm touch.

"And I'd never understand your obsession with the stars." She answered back in the same tone earning a chuckle from her husband.

"They are my solace Mugdha. There is something about them that soothes me. I don't have to speak to them to convey that something is wrong because they know me too well." he wanted to add more words but stopped, not wanting to ruin the night that graced them once in a blue moon.

"So you don't need a wife but stars. Alright then. Spend your time with them." Already irritated by all the events, Mugdha got up abruptly but familiar callused fingers wrapped gently around her wrist.

"Is my wife upset?"

"Shouldn't I be?"

"Nope. Not at all because out of all the stars in the sky, my favorite one and the most loved one is right in my arms." He tugged at her wrist, pulling her in his warm embrace. Mugdha didn't resist any further but just snuggled into him, afraid that he'll disappear in thin air.

"It still startles me that how this union of a star and a jasmine happen. They are poles apart with the distance between them being infinite." She asked playing with the pearls strung in a necklace around his neck.

"All infinities meet at a place my love." He gently pecked her forehead before answering.

"The horizon"