Chapter One

This is my first story that I have written on here. I really hope that you guys like it. :)

Cross My Heart: CHAPTER ONE

Have you ever felt so nervous, that you feel like your heart is about to fall out of your ass, and your face goes cherry-tomato red? Have you ever felt so terrified that you wish you were in a horrible, horrible dream, and that you're about to wake up any minute to the sound of your alarm clock, when really, the nightmare has only begun? I have. Many times. Especially right now.

"But John, dear....ugh.....don't you have....to see... no, go....to work today......tommorow?? Tommorow, yes, tommorow." Crap. I hate this stupid drama class. I hate the bitchy, hormonal teacher who thinks he is Shakespeare himself. I hate all of the over dressed, caked face girls who think they have the right to call you out. I hate all of the guys who brag about "getting some", when really, everone knows they haven't. But most of all, I hate these stupid lights shining onto my face. Its like they were especially made to point out every little flaw on me.

I hate this class.

As I'm trying to remember the line that comes next, I notice Roxanne Burrows. Your typical blonde haired, blue eyed, size double zero teenage girl who thinks she owns the place. She's sitting dead centre in the audience, running a french manicured finger through her hair. She's rolling her other fingers on her designer jeans, while chewing her spearmint gum like a cow with dentures.

Roxanne and I have been in the same class, every year since grade seven; four years, so you'd think that by now we would be used to each other's prescence. But for some reason, Roxanne has never liked me, and I have no idea why. I have never done anything to her, but she has always hated me.

"Okay, Devyn, obviously you have not prepared yourself thouroughly enough to perform this scene with the passion, and determination that all skilled actors should have, so you may take a seat now." Mr.Greene had his unnaturally pointy nose in the air as I heard him draw a big, red zero on my marking sheet. I had almost hit the point of tears, but over my dead body would I ever let Roxanne see my cry. I tried to act cool, like I was perfectly chill with being humiliated in front of the entire class. I calmy started to walk out of the lights towards the audience, thankful that everyone was preoccupied with themselves. But as I walked towards my seat, which was placed one behind, and two across from Roxanne's seat, she stuck out her bony foot and tripped me. I fell hard onto the carpeted floor. I could feel heat start to creep up my neck and tears start to rim my eyes. As I lay there on the floor I could hear the gasps and giggles of my "so-called" friends, except for Maryanne Rigens, who presumed that she was an angel sent from heaven, and would soon run off to the peace corps after highschool, trying to help me up. As I opened my eyes, I noticed that I had strategically fallen just infront of Roxanne's feet, so that when I opened my eyes, she was looking down on me, as if I were a dog, or her filthy, no good servant.

I brushed Maryanne away and attempted to pull myself together, with the fastly disappearing dignity that I had left. As I proceeded to the door I could hear Roxanne's witch like cackle, and all her possy laughing. I pushed open the door and slammed it shut. I made a fast getaway to the washroom in a steady but shaky walk; tears streaming down my face. Did you know that it is possible to cry without making any sound? I finally made my way to the washroom and pushed open the door. Thankfully, no one was in there. I looked in the mirror to find puffy, red eyes, and black mascara streaked down my cheeks. I bunched up some paper towel and bloted my face.

I was just starting to tackle my hair, when I could hear people approaching the door. I rushed into the stall furthest away from the door and locked it. I hoisted myself up onto the toilet and waited for whoever was coming in, to do their buisness and leave. I was horrified to hear the click of Roxanne's shoes and her evil laugh echo through the washroom as she entered. She wasn't alone. There were atleast two other girls with her. I held my breathe wishing as hard as I could that she would just leave.