001.

Chapter One - The new student"Even now when we're already over, I cant help myself from looking for you

"Even now when we're already over, I cant help myself from looking for you."
( pilot )

——

Amelia was always positive when it came to life, always looking at the bright side and she held onto hope like it was a dear gift. That was probably the main reason she became a pillar in her family, the protector, the one that kept everything together.

All that became so much more difficult May 23rd of that same year, 2009. The day her parents died, drowned was the more clear explanation. Their car drove off Wickery bridge after picking her and her twin sister up from a party, the twins survived, the parents didn't.

Amelia stood in front of her mirror looking at the photos surrounding said mirror, her eyes lingered longer in the one with her parents. Their family had it hard after the funeral but they were okay now, or at least Amelia hoped they would be.

After the Gilbert Parent's death Jenna stepped up as the sole guardian, which wasn't an easy task.....taking care of three grieving children. All lashing out in different ways.

Jeremy, the youngest, decided to take a turn and get himself into drugs.

Elena, the eldest, became closed off, she preferred being alone and kept to herself a lot more.

Amelia, the middle, pushed herself to do many things to get her mind off everything, she was always busy.

But now it was a new day. The first day back to school. A small smile took over Amelia's face, not fake but it wasn't the smile everyone had always told her they loved, the beautiful one that could make everyone smile along with her, and the bright look in her eyes that was unique.

The look was gone when the tragedy happened.

Today would be full of fake smiles though, that she knew. People would notice it too. It was difficult not to.

The door opening made the girl turn to her twin sister, not identical, who stood in the door way looking at her, she seemed ready to go but still Elena's eyes moved to her pictures before turning back to Amelia who kept the small smile on her face.

They were both aware that neither of them were ever gonna be the same but they also knew they had each other. Elena returned the smile and opened her door further.

——

As they stepped into the kitchen the girls noticed Jenna was looking into the fridge. She turned to them. "Toast, I can make toast." Jenna told them, she was still new at the whole parenting thing, but she tried.