002.

Chapter Two - New Changes"I know you get deja vu

"I know you get deja vu."
( the night of the comet )

——

This morning Amelia woke up with a different mindset, she had previously thought if she gave a fake smile no one would care but as she rose in her bed looking at the sunlight that came from outside her window she realised she did, herself.

She would always miss her parents and while she also knew that the pain was still very recent, she wanted to try a different approach, so she dressed with a smile and made her way to her sister's room.

Opening the door she found her looking in the mirror fixing her hair. "Ready to go?"

Elena turned to her and paused seeing her smile, her real smile. "You're happy today." Elena stated instead of questioning.

Amelia nodded as she left the door opened and let her sister walk out of her room. "I'm trying a different approach at life."

"Huh, good to know." Elena nodded.

"You also look very giddy." Amelia eyed her sister's smile. "Does it have anything to do with a certain Salvatore...?"

Amelia laughed as she nudged her sister but before Elena could respond, Jenna appeared in the hallway. "Hold on, girls do I look adult? As in respectfully parental?" Jenna asked, the girls inspected her outfit.

"Depends where you're going." Amelia said.

"Jeremy's parent-teacher conference." Jenna answered and moved towards the mirror. "Hair up or down?"

"Sexy stewardess.'' Elena comments on Jenna's up, she lets it down. "Boozy housewife."

"Yea, down is a no." Amelia added with a small chuckle.

"Up it is." Jenna nodded. "You guys are different today."

Elena nodded, glancing at her sister. "We feel good, which is rare so I decided to go with it."

"Fly free. Walk on sunshine and all that stuff." Amelia shrugged. "Coffee anyone?"

As Amelia moved down the stairs she heard Jenna and Elena talking about Jeremy going early to finish something for woodshop. The girl shook her head mentally, there was no woodshop.

——

Stefan sat in his desk in history class, he could hear the teacher talking but he barely paid attention to what he was saying, his eyes were directed on the eldest Gilbert who was also looking back at him with a smile.