Fleeting Dreams

"Say, what do you think that cloud resembles?"

"Hmm..." Casper paused, looking up at the cloud with a sharp, concentrated gaze. "Maybe a rabbit sprinting across a field? I mean the ears, nose and paws are all there."

Snorting lightly, the young blonde pointed up at the sky before countering. "Nah, those are not paws, they are hooves." Senna looked up at the sky, his forest green eyes shimmering with joy. "And because of those minor details, you so foolishly overlooked, I have reached the conclusion that it must be a horse jumping over a hurdle!"

"Except you cannot see the hurdle."

"Then you are blind!"

"Are you for real?"

"Asks the person whose existence is constantly questioned by every person surrounding him."

"I-"

"You?"

"You-"

"I?"

"You know what? You are right."

"I...am?" Senna was bewildered to see Casper agreeing to him on something. Usually, his partner manipulates him into nodding to everything he uttered. After all, it was not difficult to coax him. A few smiles here and there, and he would melt into a puddle at Casper's feet.

"This is new."

"Many things are new."

"Mmm...like what?"

"Your acceptance of me, of us."

"Aww...so you decided to change for me."

Senna's words were a statement rather than a question. Did it deter Casper from getting angry? No, Senna can see he was livid. Emotions were getting the best of him.

"Do not change the topic. You know I loathe it."

"Isn't loathe a heavy word? The last time you used it was when we were talking about my–"

"Dreams," they both simultaneously finished before Casper continued. "Your dreams. Tell me about them."

Letting out a sigh of frustration, Senna turned to Cas. "How many times are you going to ask me about them?"

"As many times as you are willing to give me an answer. Apart from them, I want to make sure that you still have a dream. I do not want you to stop being a dreamer because of a shrill-voiced, stubborn beast."

Cas' wolfish smirk was disturbing, however, Senna refused to inform the dark-haired boy about it in the fear of him getting angry. His anger was a sight Senna would never want to see again.

"I want to be a psychiatrist..."

"Who?"

"A psychiatrist who would believe in other entities and not only humans."

"Great! You know–"

Suddenly, Senna plopped down on the ground. "Look at that! The horse and the hurdle are clearer now. Even your blind eyes can see them."

From the corner of his eyes, he can see Cas' nostrils flare. He subconsciously knew he shouldn't have cut him mid-sentence but he did not want to talk about his dreams anymore. Surely, he was going to have his wrist bone dislocated like last time again now. The bone-crushing grip did not come though. Relief flooded him.

"I don't know if all humans are like this, or it is just you who is a fool, but that is one-hundred percent not a horse but a fluffy, flying bunny. See. The clouds have moved, so now the rabbit has wings. The sky god is on my side."