Lucky Me

Cleo's POV

It was the beginning of the new year, I had just came back from staying with my dad, which wasnt the funnest. Anyways, I had just unpacked in my dorm and arrived at the long, lonely slytherin table. I was quite early but it was amusing to watch as students, happy, sad, tired, high, were settling down.

I knew this year would be different from any others, I had lost and gained many friends from over the break. Surprisingly, I was quite popular. Not a clue how but I was, most of my current "friends" were annoying girls who just happened to follow me around.

I suddenly snapped out of my thoughts as Blaise Zabini slouched down on the seat in front of me, followed by Draco and their mediocre friends. Crabbe and goyle sitting either side of me.
"Hey hotshot" blaise said to me, practically staring into my soul.
"Pardon?" I said, we weren't really even friends
"He's flirting" Draco interrupted, with no emotion in his voice
"Yeah no shit, I'm just confused" I protested
"What are you even doing here, go hang out with your little weasley friends"
"Malfoy, not sure if you've noticed the past few years but news flash, I'm in slytherin"
"ok? You can still go away,"
"But I was here first before you and your donkeys showed up"
He then leaned in from across the other side of the table towards my face, the strong smell of mint filling the air, "you dont speak to me like that, got it Cashé? It's not very ladylike and doesn't suit you" he whispered into my ear, kinda giving me chills.
"right, got it" I said sarcastically and just walked away.

"Just give her a break bro," said blaise, giving draco a dirty look
"No thanks" he replied with the biggest, snobbish grin on his face, watching as a walked away.

Great, that's a great start to the new year. Lucky me.