Chapter 4: Bat

As soon as Damian left the room, Bat laid down on his bed and put his hands on his face. They couldn't take 6 months here. He didn't want to end up like Damian, cold and brainwashed. He was already so tired. After a few minutes he sat up. Even though she had sent him away, he wanted his mom. He felt hot tears building up in his eyes as he left his room to call home. The phone rang a few times before he heard his sister's voice.

"Hello?" She said groggily. It was pretty late at night.

"Eli?" He said softly.

"Bat? Bat, oh my god, are you ok?" She quickly sounded more awake.

"I want to go home," he said, a tear running down his face. "Please, let me talk to mom." He heard rustling and then his mom said, "Bartholomew?"

"Mom, please let me come home," he was crying now.

"I'm sorry Bartholomew, but this is where you need to be." She hung up the phone, without even saying goodbye. Bat slid down the wall and put his head in between his knees, trying to silence his crying.

"Bartholomew?" He heard someone whisper. He looked up to see Damian standing over him. He quickly looked back down, hiding his face.

"What's wrong?" Damian sat down next to him.

"What the fuck do you think is wrong?" Bat snapped at him, wiping his nose.

"You'll like it here," Damian mumbled.

"Do you like it here?" Bat asked, calming down. Damian just shrugged. Bat inched his foot towards Damian's. He looked down quickly, his breath catching. Bat thought he would move his foot away, but he didn't.

"This place is gonna kill us someday," Bat sighed.

"We'll survive," Damian said, barely audible.

note: sorry its so short, there will be more interesting things coming