5

Tom was worried about Cillian. He has only been there for four days, and rarely ever left the guest room, only leaving the room for dinner and his evening walk after dinner. He really needed to get a house. He told to Charlotte and Tom that the sooner he found a house for himself, the sooner would be able to see Malachy and Aran. Tom offered to help his friend in his house hunt, however Cillian insisted doing it without anyone else's help.

"I found a house." Cillian said on day five. "It also isn't a long way from here, just a brief walk."

"Is that were you went to on your walk?" Tom asked as they stood at the bottom of the steps.

"Better believe it." Cillian affirmed, apparently extremely excited. "There is enough space for the three of us to and everything."

"That sounds amazing." Tom commented. "However, Louis will miss seeing you around, regardless of whether you were just sitting in the guest room more often than not."

"I'll miss the little guy as well." Cillian said. "In any case, you guys can always come down and visit. I'm certain that when Malachy and Aran come over, they and Louis could get along nicely."

Both of them then quiet. They gazed at one another, a bit awkwardly. Cillian's icy blue eyes were intense as Tom felt that Cillian was carefully studying his features. Tom returned the favor by starting to examine Cillian's features. His cheekbones appeared to be more defined with his present hair style, he could see that there were freckles lightly sprinkled over his face.

"We should probably go to bed." Tom suddenly said, breaking Cillian out of his daze.

"Yeah, we should." Cillian concurs, sounding a bit breathless.

That is when Tom saw how close they were standing. It likely happened when both of them where presumably busy studying each other's facial features. It was most likely a subconscious thing. Tom immediately stepped back, embarrassed. Cillian went up the stairs with out saying a word, Tom following behind. Tom put the moment in the back of his mind as he quietly walked into his room and got ready for bed.

"What were the both of you talking down there?" Charlotte asked, frightening Tom, who thought she was snoozing.

"He found a place. " Tom told her, getting under the covers close to his wife. "It evidently isn't that far away from here, which Louis will more than likely excited for."

"I bet." Charlotte remarks, sounding tired. "I also bet he would likely be amped up for playing with Malachy and Aran."

"I bet as well." Tom said, and that was that.

Both of them silenced and then fell asleep. He had a dreamless sleep. He woke up suddenly, going to check the time. 2:30 am. He didn't have the foggiest idea how, yet he knew something wasn't right. He got out of the bed as cautiously as possible, giving a valiant effort to not awaken Charlotte. He silently left the room, and heard muted crying from the guest room. Cillian. He walked a few doors down and knocks on the guest room doorway.

"Cillian?" Tom asked delicately through the door. "Is everything okay?"

There was silence from the other side of the door. Tom opens up the door slightly, peaking in, and Cillian gives off an impression of being asleep. However, Tom was a parent and knew when somebody was pretending to rest, and he heard crying coming from this direction.

"Cillian, I know you're awake." Tom said calmly. He got no response.

Tom let out a sigh and funky walked in to the room. He quietly laid next to Cillian, gazing at the ceiling, trusting that Cillian will talk, assuming he wants to talk. He felt Cillian shift, so he turned his head to look at Cillian, who had red, puffy eyes and tear stained cheeks. He looked broken.

"She's going to take them from me." He said, starting to cry again.

"Yvonne?" Tom asked propping himself up.

"Yeah." Cillian pushed out, sniffing up snot that was coming from his nose.

"How, if you are okay with sharing." Tom inquired.

"She blamed me.." He stopped to gather himself. "She blamed me for abuse on account of sexual frustration."

"Abuse? Sexual dissatisfaction?" Tom asked, exceptionally befuddled. "You could never hurt a fly. And what's the significance here by sexual frustration?"

"She is claiming that since I forced myself into a heterosexual relationship, I couldn't fulfill my sexual needs, I would take it out on Malachy, Aran, and her." Cillian got out. He was all the while crying, however not as seriously as before. "Also, I loved her, I didn't force myself into a relationship with her. I really did love her, however things changed."

"How did you know this? It's very unlikely that she would give this information to you." Tom called attention to, disregarding the last piece of what Cillian said.

"Malachy told me." Cillian said, completely quieted down, however sounding numb. "He told to me that Yvonne bribed them with candy for them to say that I did. On the off chance that this gets out and they see me as guilty, it'll ruin my career."

"Hey, you will not be found guilty." Tom guaranteed. "Malachy and Aran love you and they wouldn't do that for some idiotic candy bribe from their mom."

"Malachy knows not to, however I don't know about Aran." Cillian expressed. "He's seven, and I realize that is not a lot younger than nine, but rather I have an inclination that he will take up his mom's pay off of candy."

"Hey, he admires Malachy. Every younger brother admires their their older brother." Tom comforted.

"Thank you." Cillian said. "For everything. For giving me a place to stay, for comforting me after my nightmare, for comforting me with all of this. Just... Thank you."

"I care about you Cillian. I really do, and I want you to be okay." Tom shared honestly. "I want to be sure that you stay on your feet."

"Thanks." Cillian said again.

"I'm gonna go back to bed before Charlotte notices I'm gone, and you should go to bed as well." Tom stated, then got up and left.

Tom went back to his room and back to his bed. He fell asleep, very concerned for his dear friend.