9

It's been close to two years since Cillian and Yvonne's separation, and he appeared to be content. Tom and Cillian had become closer over the previous year, however it feels like Cillian was concealing something from him. To be fair, Tom was concealing something from him too, yet Tom felt deceived.

Shooting was fine. For Tom, the hardest scene for him to film was the last, where Cillian shoots him in the face. Tom admired Cillian's acting from far off. Cillian was amazing with delivering his lines, yet Tom was the one staggering over his words. Cillian was being so kind in regards to it, laughing it off with him and letting him know it was alright, it happens to everybody.

Then it finished. No one truly knew when shooting would begin once more. Filming for season two began a year after season one and filming for season three was two years after season two, so who truly knows without a doubt. Tom returned home with Cillian like last time, short the impending divorce and custody battle.

Tom greatly thought about telling Cillian about what Charlotte proposed two years prior while leaving for the airport, at the airport, on the plane, and when they landed. He had been considered telling him throughout the previous two years, and each time he had chosen no, and each time no was the response, the guiltier he felt about not sayin anything. He pined over his friend, who supposedly pined over him too. Tom disregarded the tip from Charlotte and made himself ache for his friend.

Then something made Tom to suddenly change his mind. On their car ride back to their homes, Cillian nodded off, head leaning against the window. He looked so delicate and peaceful as the vehicle jostled over the slight knocks of the street. Tom saw what he looked like and felt a sudden need to awaken to that face each day when he woke up and see it just before he went to sleep. He needed to tell him. He was going to tell him.

"I'm going to tell him." Tom told Charlotte in a soft tone as to not awaken Cillian.

"After two fucking years of sexual tension you at last choose to tell him?" Charlotte whispered back, humor in her voice.

"I mean, I've seen him rest previously, but..." Tom's voice trailed off.

"Something new." Charlotte proposed.

"Without a doubt." Tom concurred happily. "Something new about this time."

"What's new about this time?" A voice in the back inquired. Cillian had awoken.

"Something that Tom will tell you once I drop you two off at your home." Charlotte said. "The children will remain with me a little longer this evening as you two... discuss."

Tom gave her a dirty look and she just smiled. She dropped them off at Cillian's house and went back to the boys. The two of them take in Cillian's stuff into his house, where Cillian too them to his laundry room. Tom waited on the couch for Cillian to come back, working himself up.

"What did you need to tell me?" Cillian asked, walked into the room.

"It's something that Charlotte has needed me to tell you." Tom said, taking a full breath.

"Assuming she needed me to know, for what reason is she having you tell me?" Cillian inquired.

"Remember when I told you there was something that I was unable to offer Charlotte a definite answer to?" Tom inquired.

"I do." Cillian said.

"It's with regards to that." Tom said, gathering himself. "Charlotte... uhm... she wants an open relationship... because of you."

"Me?" Cillian asked, legitimately befuddled. "What does that have to do with me?"

"She–I–we heard you while you dreamt." Tom admitted. "Louis didn't hear you, however Charlotte did. She began to keep a close eye on us when we were together. She saw things that I didn't realize I was doing."

Cillian was quiet. He didn't look at Tom, just stared down at his lap, embarrassed.

"I realize you have feelings for me." Tom expressed, Cillian's eyes shooting up from his lap and to Tom.

"How?" Cillian inquired.

"Charlotte saw and told me." Tom said. "She said I gave you a same exact look. I trust her that I did."