Chapter 5ーWarrior Realm

⠀⠀"F-F-Frebberick! I'm f-f-freebing!" The juvenile blond exclaimed, her teeth chattering erratically. As the Shepherds had begun to trek onward to Regna Ferox, the weather had declined drastically. The mediterranean warmth had diverted to a frigid snowstorm, the fervent winds lashing heinously at the conscript. I watched through slitted eyes, endeavoring to keep out the atrocious winds that seemed to want me dead. For once, I was glad I wore this huge robe.
⠀⠀"Stand beside my horse m'lady. She'll shelter you from the wind." Frederick suggested, moving his steed to cover the young princess. I wasn't so sure about that though; it was so cold, I think even his horse was shivering! Cringing, I turned my attention to the colossal fort that we had arrived upon, the steel facade abraded through all the years.

⠀⠀"So this is the fortress?" I was astonished. The thing was huge! It hurt me neck to just look up at it.
⠀⠀"Yes, the Longfort. It stretches along the border of Ylisse and Regna Ferox." The commander replied, realizing it was I who spoke. Even then, his voice was vaguely audible through the howling winds. "The khans that rule Ferox have grown quite wary of foreigners. Still, don't mistake a lack of hospitality for open hostility. This simply calls for a bit of diplomacy." I guess that's why they call him "Frederick the Wary." Typical.

⠀⠀After moments of silence and utter awe, it was Chrom who truncated it. "Negotiation's not my strong suit, but I'll do my best. Remember, everyone: your actions here reflect back upon Ylisse." With a brusque nod from everyone, the lord signaled with a gesticulation from his arm; it was time to move.

⠀⠀As we approached, the soldiers with the mounts shielding the vulnerable of us and others holding their arms over their eyes, the boisterous clanging of armor rang clear over even the screaming climate. "Trouble in the wind, milord: the Feroxi Guard are mobilizing." What? My heart seemed to jolt with the spontaneous announcement. I decided it was best if I prepared just in case. Moving my arm slovenly away from my face, I immaculately reached into my robe, imperatively locating my callous tome.
⠀⠀"What?! Why?" Chrom exclaimed, his indigo eyes protuberant and optics dilating.

⠀⠀"Who can say? But they look ready to let fly at a moment's notice. We'd best prepare for combat, just to be safe. Perhaps we ought pool our supplies and select which Shepherds to deploy? Loath as I am to trust her, Sapphyre might offer some valuable insight in this..."

⠀⠀Frederick you idiot. Don't talk as if I'm not here. I shot the condescending knight a death glare, hoping to beset him. My mouth remained agape as I was about to retort back at the imbecile but Chrom stopped me with his own praise. "Indeed, she IS our tactician, after all. So, Sapphyre? What do you suggest?" He inquired, turning his attention to me. His eyebrow was raised yet I could still see the mirthful warning in his eyes, as if saying; 'I know, but don't test him.'

Whatever. Frederick was the one that started it.

⠀⠀Shooting Frederick a malicious glare, I obstinately crossed me arms, tapping my chin to think. "Wellー"
⠀⠀"Halt! Who goes there?"
WILL SOMEBODY JUST LET ME TALK?
Agitated, I shifted my malevolent gaze towards the voice wielder, scrutinizing her with vigilance. Was this a member of the Feroxi army? She had bleach-blonde hair that stopped at her shoulders. Or at least, that's what I thought. Truth be told, the general was clad in armor denser than Frederick's. How did one move in such a fortress?

⠀⠀ "In the name of House Ylisse, I seek audience with the khans!" The prince exclaimed brazenly, his head raised high. A scowl penetrated the congruent general's face, her chatoyant eyes teeming with animosity.
"Not another step, my bold lad! I've lancers at the ready!" She hissed, raising her arm to ostentatiously exaggerate her opposition.
⠀⠀"Hold, milady! We are not your enemy! Exalt Emmeryn herself sent us to discuss matters of mutual interest." Frederick bellowed determinedly, shifting his horse so that sheltered the prince and princess.