|J| Selfie

Member: SerialKiller!Joy
Genre: Horror
Summary: Your Tinder date seems to have catfished you. But not in the visual way.
Warnings: Gore and just overall weird serial killer shit that I can't describe in one chapter.

*Talked about dialogue in English class so now I'm trying to improve, just comment if I put the sentences into paragraphs and it doesn't make sense.🥲🥲🥲

The beginning of this story is going to be fast paced so that I can get to the interesting part.

———

"Ooh. Someone matched up with me. She looks cute." You said as you showed your best friend her profile. Lately it's been hard finding the right match for you. Constant men cat fishing as women and overall creepy people. Your match was named April. Her icon showed her under a blooming cherry tree and she looked sweet.
"She seems genuine." You commented as she began to type.
"Woah. She's super good looking. Hopefully she isn't a catfish."  Your best friend, Shaunna said as you started her texting back.

Hopefully.

Almost three weeks later, you and April began to become really close friends. You both agreed to go on a date and see each other in person. Before the two of you actually move onto being partners.

"Hey... Are you Y/N?" You looked up. There was the girl you've talked to for almost everyday, she wore glasses and looked chic.
"April! So nice to meet you in person." You said in awe as you got up to hug her. She inhaled deeply into your lightly perfume-sprayed jacket, which consisted of a backwood vanilla fragrance.
She mentioned earlier that her favorite perfume was vanilla and luckily, you had a perfume that smelled just like it. April released her tight embrace and adjusted her glasses.
"I'm so sorry for being late. Something came up." she apologized profusely as she sat down in front of you.
"It's no problem. I didn't order yet." April picked up the menu and looked at it.
"Mm. So many good options." April placed her auburn colored jacket on the chair whilst you did the same. "What are you getting?" She asked you. You skimmed over the menu.
It was a casual date. April suggested a five star restaurant, you suggested a coffee shop since you couldn't afford the hundred dollar food. But after an hour of texting you both decided to go to a well known Japanese restaurant in the city.
"Probably the ramen. It's my go to food." April nodded.
"It's also mine as well. I hope cupped noodles count though." She scratched her nape awkwardly as you let out a chuckle. "Are you a seafood kinda girl? How about the smoked salmon? Ooh. Or sushi?" She asked once more.
"Oh yeah, you can order. I'm not picky." You said right as the waitress came over with a notepad and pen.

You watched in awe as April ordered with such ease. You both had everything in common except her being an extrovert and you being an introvert. Sometimes you wish you were as social as her, being able to talk freely and feel comfortable around a large amount of people. You would say April put on another 'face' to talk since she was sometimes gloomy and even dark during midnight texts. But you've only seen her in person once so you had to make an exception.

"So Y/N. Tell me about you." April diverted her attention from the water glass and focused on you solely. You gotta admit. It was nice having someone listen to you as intently April did.
"I think you know all about me on Tinder already. Let's talk about you, quick give me four facts about you." April's eyes widen as you saw a smirk emerge from her face.

"Well... I'm 26. I have three cats. I've been playing the cello for 15 years. And.... Hm... I take really good selfies."

"Wow. Of course the selfies, they are impeccable when you send them to me. But, I'm surprised you've been playing the cello for that long though." April shrugged.
"I don't have a set job so I kinda just go anywhere... to make money. Preforming and playing the cello is one of them." You nodded.
"Well I respect your hustle April." April chuckled as the waitress placed your drinks on the table.