Chapter Three: Uprising

Throughout the facility of S.P.E.A.R., chaos has erupted at every turn and all soldiers within the area took up arms against the rogue projects. With alarms blaring and red lights flashing, it didn't take long for the entire base to go on high alert.

On one side, Arkham and Christa were pinned down by heavy gunfire. With their backs to the wall, Arkham tried to peek around the corner, but a stray bullet chipped the corner near his face. Christa, on the other hand, had her hands in the pocket of her coat as she was listening to music through her earbuds in order to drown out the sound of the bullet Hell before them.

"Hey!" Arkham yelled to gain her attention, but his voice couldn't reach her. "Earth to Christa!" He tried again, but no response. Frustrated, he simply shot the wall next to her several times.

Christa took out one earbud and looked at him. "What?"

"Aren't you going to, oh I don't know, charge at them?!" he asked as the opposing gunfire came to a halt. "Why'd it get quiet all of a sudden?" Arkham thought out loud.

She rolled her eyes and put the earbud back on. Christa stepped out from her cover and stood in the open.

"This is our chance for a promotion, boys!" yelled one of the soldiers in the back. "Open fire on Project Athena!"

The storm of bullets came toward Christa, but at most, she tilt her head and faced sideways to avoid the oncoming fire.

"Oh for the love of," Arkham groaned.

"Fine, I'll get rid of them," Christa sighed as she increased the volume of her music as the spray of bullets ceased. "But you owe me."

The enemy soldiers threw several grenades at them and each one released smoke, causing Arkham and Christa to disappear from sight. They opened fire once more and soon enough, their rounds came into contact with something metallic.

Out of the smoke, Christa rushed out toward them. With a large, circular shield in one hand and a spear in the other, she was reminiscent of a Spartan. She tossed her spear into the air and reversed her grip, throwing it like a javelin and it pierced through the chest of a soldier. As she continued her charge, Arkham followed from behind, firing away his own reserves of ammunition.

Together, they struck down the number of enemy troops into a small amount. With only four soldiers left, they dropped their guns and abandoned their post. Arkham sighed as Christa turned around and held her shield in place. Arkham ran and leaped onto it, allowing Christa, with monstrous levels of strength to launch him over and toward the runaways.

While Arkham was in the air, he gunned down half of them and landed in front of the last two before giving them a quick death. The duo left no survivors in their side of the uprising. Their weapons dematerialized into nothing as Christa removed her earbuds.

Arkham took his earpiece out of his pocket and switched it on. "Exit secure." He glanced over his shoulder at a massive hangar door designed for aircraft. "We'll keep the area clear in the meantime until we rendezvous here. Anything on your end, Q?"

"Hold on!" she yelled into her earpiece. QT was surrounded by several monitors as she furiously typed away on her keyboard with inhuman speed. While most of the screens showed camera feeds throughout the entire facility, whereas the one in front of her was rapidly scrolling through thousands of lines of code at once.

There were loud sounds of a struggle right outside her room. The door was suddenly burst open as Ven came through and shut it behind himself. He was dripping with blood from his forehead and down his arms. His left arm was riddled with gunshot wounds. He took a deep breath and one by one, the bullets lodged in his arm were forced out as they bounced off the floor almost like coins. His injuries were healing and closing at a rapid pace. With his back against the door, he tried to catch his breath.