Chapter 1| The Witch Who I Loved

I was once a witch who lives alone in the forest near the town.

I'm not like those wicked witches that you will find in storybooks.

My family was also witches. I just decided to follow what they once did.

But the people in the town were very wary of me. They would frequently threaten me and would even treat me like a monster.

No matter how much I prove that being a witch doesn't mean you would harm people, they wouldn't accept it.

As of now, I am trying to make a healing cream with alchemy. And I would need a few mushrooms in order to finish this. But unfortunately, I don't have one, and I still need to go to the forest.

I picked up my bag and put a hat on top of my strawberry hair.

I headed straight to the forest and there, I saw a bunch of those mushrooms that I needed.

I heard the bush rustling so I went and check it. I hope it's a rabbit so I can eat it.

But when I cleared the bush, I saw a man lying down with his severely injured body.

Should I help him? If doing so will change people's opinion of me, then let's try and do it.

I laid him down on my bed and went to complete the healing cream.

In order to make this work, I would need to apply it directly to his wounds. Which means...

I removed his shirt and saw a perfect six-pack abs.

"W-wow. .." I muttered to myself.

I first cleaned his wound with water and dried it with a clean towel. Then I applied the cream I made to his injury and covered it with bandages.

I just left him like that without putting back his clothes so he won't suffocate.

I sat on my desk and just leaned my head on the table as the breeze gently blow on my face.

An hour passed, and I didn't even notice that I dozed off. When I tried to check the man I found, he was already staring at me.

"Who are you?" He asked as he frowned.

Does he not know me? I thought he was one of those people that always threatens me.

"Robin," I replied coldly.

He averted his eyes from me while placing his hand on his nape. I can see his face, turning a tint of baby pink.

"Thank you..." He muttered.

I didn't really expect thanks from him. But maybe if he knew I was a witch, then...

"I'm Lucas, by the way." He said as he turned to me and smiled.

I just stared at him for a moment as his black hair fluttered by the gentle breeze.

"Excuse me...I need to go now." He said as he stood up from the bed.

Already? He still doesn't feel well yet but he already wants to leave.

"Are you sure? You shouldn't move too much yet though."

"I needed to do something, but I would rest after, don't worry. "

"I'll see you again." He said as he walked away and waved his hands.

He's so cute...
.

.

.

A year had passed, and a lot of things had happen.

Unexpectedly, he came back and we talked a lot about ourselves. He was always by my side.

We both realized our feelings for each other so we became lovers.

Until a certain day.

He told me he needed to go to the capital for an important task.

I was all alone at my house and there wasn't much to do. I went to the kitchen to prepare something to eat.

But then, I felt someone cover my mouth, and I lost consciousness.

When I woke up, I found myself tied up on a wooden pole. And there were a lot of people in front of me.

I heard the people yelling.

"Burn the witch!"

Then a man who was holding a torch started to light up all the woods below me.

That feeling was still so vivid. That feeling of my body slowly burning and my lungs getting filled with smoke.

Tears started to roll down my cheek when I saw the crowd cheering for my death.

Ahh, so this is how it went. In the end, the people who loathed me so much killed me.

Everything went black.

Lucas' POV:

When I went back to Robin's house, it was ghost-quiet. I guess she isn't here.

I heard a few screams from the town, so I went and checked it. I saw a burnt body tied to a wooden pole.

I immediately asked the people whose corpse that was. I saw a middle-aged man walk towards me with a broad smile of relief on his face.

"May I ask whose corpse that is? " He then grinned at me and yelled, "It's that which who seduced you!"

Tears started to fall from my eyes. I don't want to believe it. What did she do to deserve this? She never seduced me...!

"That devil bewitched you. Now that she's dead, it should be alright."

I wanted to pierce the sword I was holding to his chest and stab him multiple times until his body turns cold.

While I was lost in thought, I remembered the last promise I made to Robin.

"Even if we both die, we would be together."

I took my sword and stabbed myself in the chest. I saw the man walking towards me as he panicked.

If she dies, I will die too. What's the point of making a promise if you cannot fulfill it?

I can feel blood pouring down from my chest. It hurts, but what I saw hurts even more.

I can't live without her. The world is just meaningless without the person you love.
.

.

.