Chapter 7|Happiness Doesn't Last Forever

When I woke up, a maid was already standing beside me.

"What's wrong?"

"There would be guests today, my Lady," She replied.

She handed me a bowl of water and helped me clean myself.

When I went to the garden, a man with stunning long gray hair, and blue eyes took my attention.

Based on appearance alone, I could safely assume that he is the Duke of Boulstridge.

"Greetings, Duke Boulstridge." I greeted as I lift my skirt slowly and bowed my head.

A-am I right? It would be embarrassing if I called him the wrong name...

"No need for formalities lady. I'm pleased that you know me already. "

He replied as he gestured his hands while I slowly lift my head.

I know you because you are the father of the second male lead who was treated badly!

Beside him was a kid that looked around my age. He had very sharp blue eyes and silky gray hair like his Father.

He just stared at me without  even smiling."This is my son Zeke." The duke said.

Finally, I meet him. The man who I needed to save.

Father arrived and smiled at me.

"My angel- I mean Ava you can play with Zeke. We would talk about something at my office." Father chimed as he turned his head to me.

I held Zeke's hand and pulled him to our backyard. While we were running, the twins jumped toward us.

"Ava!! Who is that?" They both asked in synchrony. Sometimes I am just so amazed at how synchronized they are.

"It is Zeke the son of Duke Boulstridge," I replied. The two turned their gaze toward Zeke.

And I am sure I can see invisible sparks between them.

I wanted to change the situation so I grabbed Blake's hand and ran to the nearest hiding spot.

He looked at me all confused but I just grinned at him.

"Let's wait and see?"

Wait and see exactly what, Ava?

Blaine's POV:

Why did Ava run with Blake...?

I stared at the boy but he just glared at me.

"Hey, what do you  want?" I asked. He smirked at me and stared at me right in the eyes.

"Is this the way this duchy treats their guest?"

"Oh, were you a guest? I didn't realize." I replied sarcastically.

"I'll be straight to the point. I'm here for Ava."

Ava? Did they know each other before?

But either way no! Ava won't marry even if she's an old hag!

"Ava loves me and I love her too so much," I replied.

He looked furious but I couldn't care less. I need to let him know that Ava won't like him.

If you think about it the other way, It will also save him from heartbreak!

"I love her the most." He replied.

"Ava doesn't love anyone as much as she loves us. No, in fact,  she only loves us!

"Even if she forgot about me, I would make her love me over and over again."

"I did promise her after all..."

What? So they really did meet before?

And what promise? I never heard Ava making a promise even with us!

I suddenly snapped and pushed him to the ground impulsively.

Before I could even raise a finger at him, I suddenly realized the severity of the situation.

(Blaine was sitting on top of Zeke while caging him with his arms.)

If someone sees us like this...

And just the opposite of what I wanted, Ava showed up.

The way she looked at us is just too weird...!

She seemed to be amazed yet confused at the same time.

But then, she smiled at us like an evil witch. (Author: How ironic haha)

Ava's POV:

Seriously? I left them for a minute and they already fell head over heels with each other... But I ruined the main plot. A BL isn't supposed to happen here. Crap, I changed the genre...!

Nevermind. I don't want to ruin it. If they like each other then go for it!

I walked towards them and held both their hands.

I would support them both so they don't face any hardships in their relationship.

"Ava please don't even think about it."

No use hiding it from me now though. I saw it as clear as day~

"Let's go play house with Blake," I said.

They agreed but they looked like they were just forced to.

I dragged them to the place where I stayed with Blake.

Blake looked stunned as well but I whispered the situation to him.

"Blaine is the mother and Zeke is the father," Blake said.

I raised this boy so well, I'm so proud...~

They glared at Blake and I immediately understood the situation.

"Or do you want vice versa?" I asked. They averted their eyes at me and just said yes almost forcibly.

They don't have to be shy though. They both played their part while Blake and I always made a situation to get them close to each other.

"My love, why aren't you eating? Do you perhaps want me to feed you with my mouth...? " (Blake: gritted teeth)

"No honey, I don't need that mouth of yours to eat...!" (Zeke: pushing him away)

It was like we were watching some romance BL movie. But a thought suddenly strolled into my mind.

Life is short. they are going to die and disappear too.

I can feel my heart throbbing as if to tell me not to get too attached to them since it wouldn't last long...

Happiness doesn't last forever. In a blink of an eye, we would all die.

But me? I would just get reborn and meet new people again.

I hate that feeling. That feeling when you had already adapted but then you're back to square one again.

Blake saw me pacing off so he shook his hands in front of me to get my attention.

"Ava...What's wrong?" He asked in worry.

"Nothing.." I replied. He seemed unconvinced but he just gave me some space.

I can see the lovebirds still doing their parts so I can't help but just burst out laughing even though I tried holding it in.

Even if they will only be with me for a short time, I want to cherish every second as much as possible.

Because even if they disappear, the moments I spent with them wouldn't.

Even if I reincarnate again, I won't forget the precious people who accompanied me throughout my life.