13 | old enemies

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘮𝘪𝘦𝘴

━━━ AS IF THE SUPERNATURAL GODS WANTED TO PLAY A SICK JOKE ON THE MCCALL PACK, JUST A FEW HOURS AFTER LYDIA AND MALIA HAD LEFT THE MCCALL RESIDENCE . . . BRETT TALBOT'S YOUNGER SISTER, LORI, SHOWED UP. In her hand was none other than Brett's lacrosse stick, snapped in half and his blood coating the jagged end where it had been snapped. By what or who, Meilani wasn't certain, but a part of her had a sinking feeling that it had been one of the hunters that had started to pop up in town. No doubt Brett was in trouble somewhere . . . or already dead. Though, Meilani tried to keep her brain from going that far just yet.

On the way to the woods with Lori and Isaac, Meilani had called up Liam and Lydia for recruitment to help out. Lydia, thankfully, hadn't had any premonitions about Brett dying, but that didn't mean he wasn't close to it with the hunter on his ass and him being alone in the woods. Mason, who had been with Liam when Meilani called, offered to meet Lydia at the school where she was going to try and call out a premonition on her own and would have Corey help them out since he was there studying for their history test in the morning. They didn't have much time before things could go very wrong so Meilani wasted no time in hauling Isaac and Lori into Roscoe and speeding off towards the Beacon Hills Preserve.

Brett's scent was incredibly faint when Meilani pulled up to the familiar sign that she's seen many times now after being turned by Peter Hale where Liam already waited for them. The very sign that should have been a warning one back when she was a sophomore so she wouldn't be stuck in this very mess time and time again. As much as Meilani loved her abilities because they helped people and she was able to keep the ones she loved safe . . . sometimes she really wish someone else got by Peter.