SUNRAYS | CHAPTER THREE

"This was a good idea, Norman. With this, we can get over the wall."

"But the challenge is still ahead of us."

"The tracking devices."  

"Well that, and..." 

~ 22194 ~

My instincts were telling me that it was a bad idea, that this could all turn out horribly. I turned to Emma who nodded, giving me the reassurance I needed. I preferred that I spoke to Y/n in private, that way I'm able to get her to cooperate, but we were running out of time. We cant dwell on what happened on the past anymore.  

Y/n immediately noticed the looks between myself and Emma. "What is it?..." She asked, eyeing us suspiciously. 

"Well...we talked and were just thinking..." I hesitated. Y/n's expression already turning into a frown. "We want to tell Ray, everything." Emma proposed. 

Y/n waited for us to go on, expecting this to be a punchline of a bad joke. But our silence fired her up even more. "You're joking?...We can't tell anyone about this! We keep them safe and that means from the truth." 

"But Ray is smart! he wouldn't panic..." Emma tried to reason. "Not only that...we can't just drag the other kids out of here and give them no explanation. They still trust Mom..." I pointed out. Y/n went silent. She knew it was the smart thing, the right thing to do. We need someone on our side...

From the bushes behind us, I spotted him. I sighed "Speak of the devil." The girls attention turned to Ray as he stepped out from the bushes, a book in his clutches. "I'm amazed you managed to sneak up on us." Emma pointed out. 

"You tend to catch on when you're always the one getting snuck up on." Ray responded while giving Y/n a beckoning glance. "What are you doing here, did you follow us?" Y/n hissed. 

And here we go...

Ray paid no attention to Y/n, and began to approach Emma and I, "So my suspicions were correct, something is going on." The book in his hand slammed shut, the sound bouncing off the concrete wall - which he paid no mind to, as if he didn't care to question it. 

"Well...you see." I was cut off as Ray grabbed me in a headlock before dragging Emma in with me. "Don't play around, this all started when the three of you got back from the gate that night. Start talking. Now." 

"Y/n

"Y/n...a little help here!" Emma squeaked. 

"Give it a break." Y/n spoke up. Ray released his death hold on us before approaching Y/n. The tension in the air running thick. They stared each other down, neither unwavering. 

"Everything."

_______________________________

"It's the truth!" Y/n snapped.