1. Best friends wedding

A/N: If you have skipped the Author's note prior to this chapter, go back!!!⚠️

Also this book is in it's first draft and totally unedited!

Leaning back against the bar, my eyes linger on the happy freshly married couple on the dancefloor. While their eyes are locked on each other, I'm unable to look away. My best friends are getting their happily ever after like both of them deserve it.

After the hell they have been through they really do deserve to be this happy together. I know they love each other so incredible much, that's why I would never act on my own feelings, which I undeniably have for this amazing woman.

Sure there was a time I would have done anything to have her. That was until I realized how much these two, love each other and I nearly lost them. At the time I thought; all I need is some time to get over her and simply be happy for the amazing friendship I have with both of them.

But sometimes life just seems to want to torture us, the more I got to know Sam the harder I fell. Not in a friendship way as I should, no I'm talking about adoring this woman in every single kind of way. The moment I saw her in her wedding dress today, it nearly knocked the breath out of me. Damn for a short moment I wished it was me waiting at the altar and not my best friend Jake.

What for a shitty friend am I, to even have a thought like that?

Guilt washes over me for the umpht time today, while I bring my whiskey glass to the lips and let the amber coloured liquid fluently run down my throat, scorching it in a pleasant way. I relish in the pain distracting me from the sight squeezing my heart right now.

Am I happy for my best friends? Totally!

And yet there's this pain, I hadn't even expected to feel today. Like seriously, I thought I had it totally under control. I mean I've even been having one-night stands again. Admitted there haven't been any dates since the time Sam and I kinda tried dating. But there have been other women and I even enjoyed it.

"Hey, Handsome", an all too familiar voice pulls me out of my spiralling thoughts.

"Hey, Tracey", I nearly roll my eyes at the seductive look she's giving me.

"You up for some fun tonight?", her fingers start tracing the outlines of my tribal on the neck.

"Thanks, but I think I'll stick to this tonight as my fun", and I hold up my freshly refilled glass of whiskey.

Tracey's eyes follow mine, "You know she's out of reach, so why keep torturing yourself? Like seriously there are other girls out here. Come on, at least dance with me", she requests.

For the first time during this short conversation, I actually take a look at her. She's put on a pout and for a moment my eyes linger on it. I've come to learn it's something Tracey tends to do a lot, to get what she wants. Even Sam falls for it, although she out of all probably shouldn't.

Tracey is wearing a light blue, long silk dress which is plain, but still admittedly looks good on her. What she's been gifted with less around the top department, has been gifted her on her hips and ass. The dress seems to add up to it perfectly, hugging her there just in the right way.

When Smells Like Teen Spirit blasts from the loudspeakers, my eyes automatically drift away from her again, across to Sam. It reminds me of our first party together when she totally crashed the dancefloor to that song. And now it's no different. If those drugs on the party hadn't appeared that night, things might have turned out totally different. But they didn't. And instead of drowning even more in my thoughts, I down another glass of whiskey and decide to finally stop brooding and be happy again for my best friends.