𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐆𝐨𝐥𝐝

"𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐔𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐍," Aunt Peggy huffed

"𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐔𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐍," Aunt Peggy huffed. Charlie could hear the casual annoyance in the English woman's tone, the sound of a woman no longer surprised by her boys.

Charlie laughed in spite of herself, her cell phone warm against her ear. "They do. It was so bad, Aunt Peggy."

It had been three days since the Stark-Rogers had forced Tony out of the lab, and Charlie had been trying to give her parents a little bit of space alone so they could sort things out. She craned her neck to look into the kitchen, where Tony and and Steve stood, flirting over the steak they were attempting to cook.

Tony's face was flushed as Steve leaned forward, trapping Tony against the counter, whispering something in his ear. Tony smirked and whispered something back, making Steve duck his head as Tony... giggled.

Charlie wrinkled her nose, mildly disgusted.

"They're all over each other right now, though," she said in distain. She heard Peggy laugh for the other end. "So I guess thats better than fighting."

"It won't be as nasty when you find the love of your life, my dear," Peggy said warmly. "I didn't understand how wonderful it was to have someone until I met my Daniel. It's absolute bliss."

Charlie laughed. "I think that's pretty far away, Aunt Peg."

"You never know. Oh- thank you, my dear." There was a shuffling of bedsheets from Peggy's end and Charlie could hear one of her Aunt's nurses speaking distantly. The nursing home she lived at took good care of her, at least.

Having not taken her Adderall (because it was a Saturday, she didn't have school, and she simply didn't want to), Charlie's train of thought instantly began to wander at the lack of conversation.

Her eyes trailed up to the massive fireplace in their Malibu living room. Yesterday was December first, which meant her stupid purple Christmas stocking (from a third-grade homeschool sewing project) had been the first decoration they'd hung up. Tony and Steve coo'd over it, teasing her about it until her cheeks were bright red, but she secretly loved it.

Steve's red, white, and blue stocking was to the left of hers, and Tony's red and gold one was on the right. A dad sandwich, they called it.

Edwin Jarvis' stocking hung on the end of the fireplace, underneath a picture of him and Aunt Peggy walking Steve down the aisle at his wedding. Mirroring it on the other side was Mama Roberta Rhodes doing the same with Tony.

Charlie loved those pictures more than anything else in their house.

"Charlie?" Peggy said.

She blinked. "Oh, sorry. What did you say?"

"I asked you how your school is going."

Charlie winced. In all honestly, she hadn't done much homeschooling for the last few weeks, at all. Her family had been a bit preoccupied. She was a child genius, of course- her birth mother had been one of Stark Industries youngest and brightest employees (the one thing her dads had told her about Daniela, before she had to snoop around and find information herself.)