𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐈 𝐂𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭

CHARLIE HATED FEELING TRAPPED

It had been just under two days since the... incident, and she had barely left her room.

The last time she had gone into the kitchen- trying to get out of her head and hear some kind of noise besides the waved crashing below her bedroom- had been so tense and awkward,  she decided she never wanted to do human interaction again.

She walked in at the same time as Tony, whose eye-bags looked like bruises as he clutched an old portion shake. He didn't notice her at first, and she kept her head ducked and stared at the floor as she headed to the fridge.

Then three things happened at once.

Steve walked in, sweaty and huffing, clearly having just finished a workout. He reached for the cabinet above the refrigerator, yelping in surprise when he saw a much smaller Tony standing right below him, reaching for the fridge door with a non-committal grunt.

Tony jumped when realized Steve was standing right there. "What the hell, Steven?" He growled angrily, like Steve had snuck up on him. Steve glared at Tony as the smaller man wrenched open the refrigerator door with a hell of a lot more strength than he needed to.

Charlie walked behind it at that exact moment, and got smacked  in the face with a wall of cold, unforgiving stainless steel.

Charlie let out a pained yelp and lost her balance, just as her nose seemed to light itself on fire. Before she knew it, she was on the ground, clutching her face and groaning.

"Charlie?" Steve's head popped over the top of the massive fridge door, cause the man was a goddamn mammoth, and his brows furrowed.

"What the fuck?" Tony quickly looked behind the fridge door, his eyes widening when he saw his daughter on the ground. "Charlie, what the fuck?!"

"You said that already," Charlie moaned, her eyes squeezed shut.

Tony dropped whatever he'd been grabbing from the fridge and squatted down, his brown eyes wide awake and alert now. He stuck a hand behind Charlie's back and hoisted her up, nearly yanking her into his arc reactor in the process.

He took her wrists and pulled them away from her face, giving him full view of the damage. "Ow, Dad..." she groaned.

"Oh, God, kiddo," he grimaced. "I'm so sorry, I didn't even see you... are you okay?"

Charlie glared at him incredulously. "Peachy."

"That could be broken," Steve said his first words to her in days. "J.A.R.V.I.S, can you do a scan-"

"It's not broken!" Charlie insisted, hissing when she touched it again. Tony lowered her hand, shooting her a look, like, seriously? "Don't look at me like that. It's fine, dads. Can I go back to my room now?"