The Unseen Beast

Seiren left immediately the Kamos' residence after Sukuna freed her from her confinement, going towards the outskirts of the village where the Cursed Forest was located. After reading the letter and talking to Sukuna, there was no way she could stay still without doing nothing.

On the way, a few villagers spotted her, confused as how she managed to escape from the Kamos' residence. Not wanting for Seiren to escape, they decided to follow her, being taken aback a few minutes later when she entered the forest. They never expected that she would accept that kind of fate so easily and by her own free will.

But regardless of that, the villagers were relieved. They thought after twenty years of misfortune, they could finally live in peace once again. Yet it caused worry to a few of them, since the day of the offering is tomorrow not today. But that wasn't all of their worries, she could lose her life in the clutches of the grotesque creatures before she reaches the unseen beast. If that happens, they would have to chose someone else to become the sacrifice. With that worry in mind, the villagers left to find the chief in order to tell him what happened.

In Seiren's case, she did not care what kind of creatures she would encounter. After she was separated from her husband and son, she became an empty shell, changing for the worst when she knew the tragic fate Noritoshi ended up facing because of their love.

For breaking the rules a few years ago in a attempt to save Seiren, the chief choose as a punishment for Noritoshi to be imprisoned inside the Cursed Forest to become food for the grotesque creatures that lived there. At least that's what was written in the letter.

That's why, to be able to survive in this cruel world Seiren was born into, she needed to lock her emotions deep down inside her heart. As well to stop caring about everyone else that wasn't her family, even herself if she wanted to succeed in saving Noritoshi and seeing Yuta one more time.

The night was embracing the forest in a eerie silence deepening the brown hues of the trees, casting shadows behind the tree trunks where the moonlight couldn't reach.

When she took her first step into the forest, a gale of coldness wrapped the entire forest in a curtain of mist. The coldness embraced her body, as thousands of eyes followed her like a beast ready to attack its prey.

Behind the trees, grotesque creatures lurked waiting for an opportunity to attack any kind of life that dared to cross through their path.

Even when Seiren felt the stares of the creatures on her, she didn't feel scared at all as she continued to walk deeper into the forest where the unseen beast lives. The more she walked deeper, the more darker the forest became.

The moon that is reigning over everyone and everything in this quiet night, lighted the path before her eyes with its moonlight until she entered the territory of the unseen beast.

Just like the shadow left by a cloud on a stormy day, the forest started to be covered in total darkness in just a few seconds. The sudden darkness made Seiren be more aware of her surroundings, but she couldn't see anything no matter where she looked.

Not being able to see anything, the red butterflies fluttering around her started to glow in a red light, shining brightly like little lanterns illuminating the place around her.

Seiren looked one more time at her surroundings, noticing that the forest was completely covered in a thick veil of darkness. She couldn't even see the moon that was shining brightly a few seconds ago in the sky! The darkness was too strong for the moonlight to pass through like it was some kind of wall.

At this point, she knew that soon she would encounter the unseen beast, so she continued to walk down the path before her eyes. Even when she have come this far, she never thought for a second to go back.