Unchanged Fate

After meeting Noritoshi, Seiren continued to visit the village the following days. In every single occasion, she had the good luck of encountering him. She wasn't displeased at all, in fact he was the reason of why she had been coming so often.

Compared from before, Seiren wasn't curious about the things she could find in the village anymore, she was interested in Noritoshi. One of the reasons was because he kept his word, showing her different places of the village. His house wasn't an exception. However, the kindness in his words and actions were the principal reason of why she always wanted to see him and pass time with him.

The feelings were mutual. Noritoshi enjoyed the time he shared with Seiren as well, falling in love without really realizing it. Yet he didn't dare to confess, keeping his love as a secret. Not only from her, but from everyone he knew. If he ended up in a romantic relationship with her, it was clear that no one would accept it.

The villagers already started to criticize Noritoshi since the first time he helped and spoke to the young girl, getting worst every time they saw them together. He didn't really care about their opinion or even paid attention to their harmful words, but that could change if his parents get involved. Just like the rest, both of them believes that she's a cursed child.

The rumors about their son hanging out with Seiren reached their ears from day one, yet they only warned him about the consequences he could face from defying the rules of the village. For that reason, it was better if he just cut all ties with her. That way she would stop coming to the village and everyone will be able to be at peace, especially them, who had been receiving part of the villagers contempt because of their son's actions.

Still, Noritoshi didn't listened to his parents. He wasn't afraid of anyone, and the only things that crossed his mind that could happen to him was to be exiled from the village or perhaps be the chosen one to accompany the sacrifice to the deepest part of the Cursed Forest. If not, then he could be the next offering!

Although being one of the few who are able to see and face the grotesque creatures living in the forest, the possibilities of the villagers sacrificing him to death in one way or another were too low. At least in his eyes.

But the truth is that he was wrong. The chief never cared about something like that, having chosen the fate of Noritoshi after three years had passed. All this time, he didn't listen to his parents. And one year ago, he finally confessed to Seiren, ending up in a romantic relationship with her since she had fallen in love with him as well.

Both of them hid their relationship from everyone, even when they took the next step, aware that no one would accept it, much less give them the blessings to their future marriage. Except Sukuna. Since time ago, he had told Seiren that she was free to date, marry and have a family with someone if she wanted to. Because of that, she had told him about her relationship with Noritoshi the moment they started dating.

Sukuna didn't think that Seiren would really find someone, but it made sense now why would she leave almost every day the house. And after meeting the man, he tried to help them escape the village so they could start a new life. Tragically, the day they planned to leave, the chief in some way knew about it.

That night he was waiting at the entrance of the village with a few men. Some of them were holding a torch in their hands, while the others a pitchfork. The only reason they stood there was to stop the cursed child from leaving, not wanting for her misfortune to spread to other villages or towns. She was their problem, wanting to solve it by offering her as a sacrifice for the unseen beast like they planned eighteen years ago. And for the two men that had been helping her, they would receive their proper punishment.

"So it was really true," the chief began speaking once Seiren, Noritoshi, and Sukuna got closer. "The three of you were planning to escape."

Seiren and Noritoshi were taken aback by the old man's words. It was impossible for him or other villager to know that they were planning to leave. They didn't tell anyone, being careful to not speak about that matter in front of someone. And Noritoshi didn't even say a word to his parents, preparing everything he needed when his parents were not home. So how come the chief knew about it?