New Girl Naomi

Eloise

             "And that, is how a motor works" the Mrs. Slowing droned on, and on, and on. In my head though, the lecture was more like Charlie Brown's teacher, "Bleh blah quiz in a few days, homework tonight. 

"Eloise, in simplified terms based on page 277, how does a motor work?" Is this teacher really calling on me again?

             Good thing I had read up on the chapter last night, in the middle of letting my fingernails, and toenails dry, while getting ready for the party in The House (yes, it is called "The House", and, yes, it does take a few hours to get ready for the party. I plead the fifth on that one.... or maybe I blame this Florida humidity.) The book was mind-numbingly boring for someone who wants to go into aviation. I have my whole life planned. I'll take military courses while in college, and become an air traffic controller. After I retire, I'll invest, and have two million dollars for retirement.

"Motors work by converting electrical energy to mechanical energy in order to create motion. "

"Mrs. LeBleu, when I said simplified, I did not mean baby terms. I meant exact quotations, can anyone else tell me how a motor works?" 

             There's a reason people say "your name suits your personality." I don't think there needs to be an explanation for Mrs. Slowing's name. My full name, Eloise Victoria LeBleu, suited me... well, a little bit. I am admittedly part of the cliché "popular girls" group, and my family has a little more than two cents to rub together. I love dressing up, but, we aren't as well off as my friends. To be honest, I was surprised they had anything to do with me. I live in a slightly less expensive house than them, so, they would naturally not want me in their group. I was surprised when they did let me in. All of them are mega rich. You can even tell by their names. They have ACTUAL rich people names. I actually googled it (I know, I'm petty). Kimberly, Lorde, Jessalyn. The names are so famous, they're even on auto-correct. What!!! My name Eloise is... 

"Eloise, as punishment for that childish answer, you will be showing Naomi around."

Wait! I have two thoughts on this. 1. What type of teacher gives out "punishments for childish answers"? But, she has been known to play favorites. 2.  Who is she? I know every student in Athens, and, there are no Naomi's in this school. 

"Naomi, come on in! Welcome, I'm sure Eloise will be pleased to show you around."

To me she whispered "I got stuck with showing her around. I'll give you extra credit points if you show her around."

For some reason she always dumps the kids on me.

My head slowly turned of its own accord, to meet the girl I would have to... WELCOME to Athens. Jess, Kimmy, and Lorde will help me do our welcoming  ritual. It goes something like this:

1. A quick, in-between classes tour

2. A quick stop at Chipotle 

3. Putting the "Dumb Brunette" act, to go to the bathroom with her while the others slip laxative in her burrito

4. Filming her, and blackmailing her with the footage

5. Finishing up the school year normally 

       This will be the exact same as the other times. As I'm thinking of a way to get a suitable way to find a close male friend, if you know what I mean. She walks in. Everyone gasps, and I can see why.

Well, this will be... INTERESTING...

                                                             ----------------

So, short chapter, I'm going to update every week. I don't really know where I'm going with this. Any suggestions would be amazing. I hope you like this chapter.

Your friendly author,

G