𝙇𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚

(Fintan is just an alias. Toshiro is his real name for those of you who don't know)

↢3rd Person POV↣

"Love is strange." Hanae murmured then glanced at y/n, "But... why do you ask?"

"Miss Tomoko described my Dad and my Mom as very different people..." y/n began, "I'm just wondering how they ended up being together if they're so different."

"Well, when you spend a lot of time with someone you begin to understand them more depending on the situation." Hanae explained, "I can't quite be sure but I'm guessing Eira was intrigued by my little brother."

Y/n looked weirded out, "But he's rude."

"When Eira was around, he needed to be very patient because of her." Hanae chuckled, "She used to get hurt a lot and it was up to Toshiro to be patient and to focus on helping her."

"Hm..." y/n frowned, "How'd they fall in love then? They seem like an odd pair."

"You and Aether seem like an odd pair." Hanae replied and y/n tensed, "Heh, I have no idea. Perhaps my little brother was smitten ever since they first met."

"What about you? What was your husband like?" y/n inquired.

Hanae deadpanned.

"...what husband?"

Y/n looked confused, "...Yuuna's Dad..."

"Oh." Hanae hummed then looked elsewhere, "Just someone I met. I encountered him once here and met again in Snezhnaya while I was searching for Toshiro and Eira."

"Then how tf did you have Yuuna-" y/n questioned then her eyes rounded, "How are babies made? Do they fall from the sky?"

Hanae sighed, "I'll let Tomoko explain that to you. It's bad enough that I'm going to have that talk with Yuuna eventually..."

Y/n huffed, "Hmph... what was your husband like? Was he nice like Yuuna?"

Hanae shook her head, "No. He was two-faced. Though I doubt he was always like that, I don't want to see him again. Nor do I want to talk about him."

Y/n pursed her lips, "Oh. He was a jerk. Got it. How will I know if I'm in love?"

Hanae shrugged, "You don't until you do. I mean, I didn't know I was hopelessly in love until my husband did something shitty and I was quick to forgive his manipulative ass-"

The h/c haired girl took a step back, surprised by Hanae's sudden change in attitude and vocabulary, "Oh."

"But... love is a nice feeling. Seeing someone you love makes you feel whole. You could be starving but watching them eat would make you feel full again." Hanae continued, staring at the sky, "It's... a nice feeling. A double edged blade, yes, but still nice..."

Y/n paused for a moment, reflecting on everything she'd seen and done during her travels. She noticed how she was usually quick to jump into danger to protect Aether.

Did she... love Aether?

...

...

...

...

Nah, they were friends.

"I'm gonna go find love!" y/n exclaimed, "That way, I can feel that amazing feeling!"

"Y/n, that's not how it-" y/n was already halfway across the field, "...works..."

Hanae frowned, 'Where have I seen this before... I think it was when...'

"Thanks Hanae!" the h/c haired girl laughed before turning and sprinting towards Toshiro with a, "Toshiroooo, let's get married!"

Toshiro looked at Eira with a shocked expression and turned to run away, his cheeks pink, "N-No, get away from me-!"

Hanae watched quietly as Eira chased Toshiro down, tackling him and clinging to him while the boy screeched for help.

"TOSHIRO, YOU ASSHOLE, LET GO OF MY EIRA!" an angry Tomoko shouted.

"SHE'S THE ONE HOLDING ME, GET HER OFF OF ME, TOMOKO!"

"Hehe, Toshiro! You're adorable!" Eira laughed and the blush on Toshiro's face deepened.

"STOP THAT, DAMN IT, HELP!"

Y/n disappeared into the distance and Hanae immediately felt a little worried.

"...she's not going to tackle someone... is she? Should I maybe go after her or..."

"Yeah, it'll be fine."