Chapter 1

Chuuya just reached home after work. As usual, Akutagawa wouldn't let him go, not if he didn't try his best in fighting him. After a bath, Chuuya flopped onto the couch and covered his eyes with his forearm. Then his phone rang. ''Tsk, and here I thought I could get a brief nap ,'' He complained as he slipped his hand into his pocket to the vibrating phone. ''Unknown caller ?''

He hesitated before picking it up. He waited for the caller to speak first. ''Hey Chuuya ,'' Chuuya froze. He recognized this voice, this smooth and familiar voice which he hasn't heard in years. ''DAZAI ?! IS THIS REALLY YOU ?!'' Chuuya bounced up standing. The caller chuckled. ''Please don't yell, my eardrums will get hurt. Do you have work tomorrow afternoo--'' ''No! No I don't !'' Chuuya couldn't help but grin cheerfully. ''Well then the same old place we used to go for lunch ?'' ''Okay !'' Dazai chuckled at the shorty's excitement. ''See ya ,'' ''See ya ,'' Chuuya couldn't hold in his grin. He sat back on the couch.

''YES !!'' He cheered to himself. ''Finally! Yes ! Yes !!'' It's been more than two years since he last saw his brunet. He went on living his life in the mafia after Dazai said his goodbye to him, but there wasn't a second he didn't miss him. Chuuya unlocked his phone and checked the contacts history. It was too good to be true, but it was real, Dazai really did call him. He set the new number under the name 'Mackerel' and laid back down. He wish he could just time travel straight to the next afternoon.

*

The next morning, Chuuya walked down the streets to get breakfast. Then he heard someone call a familiar name. ''Oi Dazai you Bandage-wasting Device ! Do you think we have all the time in the world for your SNAIL-LIKE PACE ?!'' A slightly rough voice stuck out amongst all the noise on the streets because it was so loud that people in vehicles driving by could definitely hear it.

''Kunikiiiiiiida-kuunn, there's still half an hour before the appointment with the client. It's juz at a nearby cafe, relaaaxxx ,'' ''According to my ideals--'' ''You mean your notebook ?'' ''This is NOT JUST A NOTEBOOK !!'' The voice kept on going non-stop. It came from the front. As Chuuya continued walking, the voice grew louder and clearer. Finally, Chuuya could see who the voice belonged to. It belonged to a man with blonde and long hair, tied up at the back of his neck. He couldn't stop pointing and making exaggerated body gestures as he yelled non-stop at a brunet walking beside him.

Honestly, if it wasn't the man who called his name, Chuuya wouldn't be able to recognise him, Dazai. Unlike how he remembered him, Dazai wore a brighter colour. He had a sand-coloured trench coat on him, an absolute contrast of the colour he had worn in the past. He left the belt of it untied, letting it sail gracefully along the breeze behind him. Under his coat was a black vest over a light blue dress shirt with stripes of a darker shade. Around his neck was a brown ribbon holding a blue pendant upon his chest.

And the bandages, there was bandage covering his right eye. But now it's gone, both hazel eyes gleamed under the morning sunlight. There was light in those eyes, light that didn't exist in the past. Chuuya stopped his steps when the brunet came into his sight. He knew his brunet was handsome even with the bandages covering one of his eyes, but this man before him, without the bandages, Dazai looked astonishing.

Then the blonde guy noticed Chuuya's presence. ''The Port Mafia ?!'' He immediately went into a defensive mode. Dazai followed his gaze, then he smiled softly. ''Looks like we don't have to wait till the afternoon ,'' He took a step forward when the man beside him put a hand on his shoulder, pulling him backwards. ''Be careful, Dazai. He's a strong member of the Port Mafia ,'' Dazai waved him off. ''Don't worry, he's my boyfriend ,'' The blonde-haired stared at him without saying a single word, dumbfounded. Moments passed as his brain went swirling around Dazai's words. ''............... huh ? ''

Dazai reached out to Chuuya. ''Come here, Chibi ,'' Chuuya shifted his stare to the man, whom eventually relaxed his stance hesitantly. Chuuya grinned, he ran forward and hugged the brunet tightly, causing Dazai to fall onto the floor. ''I missed you ,'' Chuuya buried his head in Dazai's chest. It was undoubtedly the first time he felt this much happiness. ''Me too, Chuuya, me too ,''

Dazai stroke Chuuya's head, then he turned to the standing guy. ''Kunikida-kun, can I sit out on the appointment ?'' A harsh slap by a book hit him on the head the next second. Chuuya saw that, it reminded him of how he and Dazai used to retort each other and end up with Chuuya hitting him like that. ''Don't try to skip work !'' Dazai held his head with his palm. ''That's meeean Kunikiiiiida-kuunn. It's been years since I last met my chibi, I juz wanna spend some time with him ,'' He pouted as he muttered and glared at Kunikida.

Kunikida was going to yell again when his eyes met with Chuuya's, who was still hugging Dazai. His blue eyes stared at Kunikida expectantly. Kunikida sighed and pushed up his spectacles. ''Fine ,'' Chuuya grinned like he totally forgot that Kunikida was a member of the opposing organisation of the Port Mafia and offered his hand to him for a handshake. ''I'm Nakahara Chuuya ,'' Kunikida hesitated, he wasn't sure if this was going to be a problem, but he returned the favor anyway. ''Kunikida Doppo ,''

As the two walked in separate ways as Kunikida, Chuuya could feel a doubtful stare at his back.

*

''Who is he ?'' Chuuya took a bite of his cream bun. ''My new partner ,'' The word 'partner' reminded him of their old days in the mafia. ''How's it going with the Agency? You doin alright there ?'' Dazai let out a bitter chuckle. ''Everyone in the Agency really likes helping those who are in need, I'm still trying over here. Right, is it okay if you're seen with me? Is your boss okay with it ?'' Chuuya nodded. ''As long as work is not affected, Mori won't have a problem with it ,''

Dazai nodded, then Chuuya asked. ''But I'm a member of the mafia and you're with the detectives, are they going to be fine with it ?'' Dazai shrugged. ''I don't care what they think about you ,'' Dazai reached out with a piece of tissue paper in his hand to wipe the bit of cream off the corner of Chuuya's lips. ''Aside of work, you're with me as my boyfriend, unless you've found a better man to be with ,'' ''No! I've been waiting for y--'' He stopped when he noticed Dazai chuckle, then he pouted and nudged the brunet.

Since then, they meet each other almost every day after work.

*

''Why are you taking so much candy ?'' They were at a store. ''These are for Rampo-san. He loves candies and snacks. There was one time when I opened his locker for a peep, it was fuuull of them. I wonder how his teeth are still there. Oh oh do you think his teeth are fake ?'' Dazai turned to Chuuya, whom raised an eyebrow at his question. ''What about these buns ?'' ''For them ,'' For the other members, or so Chuuya thought.

They walked out the store. Dazai walked to the opposite direction as Chuuya. It took Chuuya some time to notice. He turned around to look for Dazai, then he spotted him handing the bag of buns to two kids who wore old clothes. He could recognise them. They were children who often wander about in that area. He smiled as Dazai walked back to him. ''Let's go ,'' The brunet said.

You've really changed, Dazai.