Chapter 3

They brought the kids to buy some warmer clothes. Looking at all the clothes for sale, Haku remembered the last time he went to a shop like this was two years ago, with both his parents. Haruka hasn't gone to any place like this. She was so excited, looking around with her curious eyes. She let go of her brother's hand and went to explore around, then she grabbed onto a light blue jacket and looked up at Dazai. ''You like this ?'' Haruka nodded, she looked adorable with her little pink cheeks. Dazai smiled and took the jacket in his hand.

''You should take some too, Haku ,'' Dazai urged the boy. ''Yeah the clothes you're wearing now are old, and they could barely keep you warm ,'' Chuuya said behind Haku. The boy nodded and looked at his sister. She looked happy, and she seemed to like Dazai. Haku felt comfort, but at the same time he was worried that it would be a problem if he decided that they had to leave them if anything ever happened. A pat on his shoulder shook him out of his thoughts. Chuuya was holding a cotton shirt. ''How about this ?'' ''I'm fine by anything ,''

After buying some clothes, they went to buy toothbrushes, towels and so on. Then they went to the two's apartment. The guest room had already been redecorated into a bedroom with two single beds on two sides of the walls. Haku took a quick bath because he wasn't comfortable with Haruka staying with them all alone outside. It was short but he missed this feeling of taking a nice bath in a clean bathroom. They had been living on the streets for one year, that's why.

Haruka was excited, she sat in between Dazai and Chuuya on the floor as they ate their lunch, but Haku sat at the corner of the couch. After finishing their food, Haruka grinned and turned to Dazai. ''Thank you Daddy !'' Her words startled Haku.

*FLASHBACK*

''Dad stop !'' He tried to stop the man whom was beating up his mother, but it was no use, the adult had too much strength compared to his. His mother was crying. ''Haku! Go into your room, bring Haruka !'' Haku wanted to do something to stop all that, but he couldn't.

*PRESENT*

Dazai too was startled. He pointed at his own nose, dumbfounded. Haruka nodded and turned to Chuuya. ''Papa !'' Chuuya smiled at Dazai and stroke the girl. ''Thank you...'' Hearing the boy's voice, Dazai turned to him. He looked like he was trying to find the word to say. ''You can juz call us Dazai and Chuuya ,'' ''... thank you, Dazai-san, Chuuya-san ,''

When Chuuya went to the kitchen with Dazai, Haruka climbed up the couch and sat beside her brother. ''Haruka, do you like it here ?'' ''Yes !'' Haku didn't respond, his little sister being happy in a comfortable home was what he wished for her, and that's what that mattered. ''Is Nii-san happy ?'' Haku merely nodded with a fake smile. It wasn't entirely fake, but he was worried if these two adults would hurt them like how their father hurt their mother in the past.

*

''What do you think ?'' Dazai hummed before answering. ''As expected, you ?'' Chuuya smiled. ''Great, actually. Still, I can't believe you agreed to this ,'' He turned to his side and hugged Dazai. ''But we're gonna need more time to get through to Haku, it's most probably it has something to do with their childhood, their parents, to be precise ,'' Chuuya nodded as he acknowledged what Dazai had said. ''Haruka seems to like you tho ,'' Dazai smiled and hugged him back. ''She's growing on me, she's a nice child ,''

*

The next morning when Haku woke up and got out of the room, he was just in time to see Chuuya heading out. ''Oh hey, mornin. Juz wake that idiot up if you're hungry, he'll bring you two for breakfast ,'' Haku nodded and said his 'take care', then Haruka came out of their room not long after he brushed his teeth. ''Did you sleep well ?'' Haruka nodded with a sleepy face and started walking to the master room.