More confessions

"Okay... well...", Finn begins, my anticipation for what he's about to say reaches an all-time high, my leg starts shaking. Finn looks down at my leg, "Are you-"

"- Just answer the question Finn!" I snarl back in response. 

"Woah, okay well. The truth is... I stole it!" 

"I already knew that!" 

"Yes, well, I stole it from some people at school". 

He wouldn't have stolen it from Alia and them... So it must've been, "Those eshays, Maddy and stuff". 

"Yeah, that's right!", He exclaims. Was that really so hard to say? 

"Why would you do that though? They were being nice to you!" All they wanted was for him to sit with them. 

"Yeah I know, but they were making fun of you and your friends-"

"-Our friends, they're yours as well", I interrupt. 

"Yes, well they were making fun of you and our friends, and during my math class they also asked me to go to the canteen with them, so I said yes. I didn't steal all their money! Just a little from each. And then when we went to the canteen, I could see each of them a little confused as to where all their money went. But none of them said anything! It was brilliant". Finn goes on about how good it was. I honestly can't believe him! He wanted to try going to school, I thought he would make new friends and have a fresh start!

"So what?" I say, "You come all the way to school to be a pirate again!" 

"I feel like you're completely ignoring the fact they were being really mean Fontaine!"

"Yeah so what if they were being a little mean, everyone is from time to time, you should've tried being their friends!" 

"So if you were hanging out with Yuki, Beth and Alia, and they started making fun of me, you'd stay friend with them, for... 'the experience'. Don't lie Fontaine, I know you like me too much to do that." He finishes off smirking. 

"Fine maybe I wouldn't have been friends with them. But it's not because I like you, it's because my standards for friends are too high". 

"Yes, and same for me". Finn states defiantly. 

"You still shouldn't have stolen from them though", I say, "I definitely wouldn't have done that if they were talking about you behind their back. If they were talking crap about you, I'd have just left them!"

"Fontaine, stop being so grumpy, revenge is far better anyway", he says looking down at his watch. "It's 4:30! I have to go now, I have to go make myself some dinner. For my tum tum". 

"You did not just say tum-tum". 

"I think I did! My pourw wittle tum tum needs some food in it", he says, baby voice-activated. 

I screw up my face. "Alright, don't forget to come to swim training tomorrow morning", I remind him.

"Yeah, yeah, I won't", Finn says, swinging his bag onto his back. "You know Fontaine, you should try to get a bike, then we could ride around together!" 

"Yeah maybe, I'll ask my aunt", that would actually be cool, and Finn would surely make us race. I love a little victory every once in a while. 

"See-ya, and thank you for teaching me how to ride, almighty, master Fontaine", he boys to me, before picking up his bike and riding off, continuing on the path. 

"Don't you forget it!" I yell out after him, before turning and walking the other way. 

---20 minutes later---

"Fontaine, I've cooked you dinner, the least you could do is come give me a massage", Aunt May calls out from where she sits by the tv. The bachelorette is on. I walk over to her and place my hand on her back. Then I dig my fingers into all the nooks and crannies of her back, just the way she likes it. 

"Fontaine, that's brilliant! Maybe down a touch... ooh that's it! That's the spot." She sits there, sighing as I massage the right spots, and complaining when I don't. "So you're already hanging out with new friends at school?"

"Yeah I am", I laugh a little, he's not really new... 

"How is it, you like them better than the fish", she asks laughing at her own... joke? 

"Uhh, yeah I guess you could say that. It's nice to have people to talk to". 

"That's so good, so where did you go". 

"Oh we just walked to the shops and ate Mcdonalds", I say, she's putting me under the spot quite a bit. 

"McDonalds! I was going to do that for dinner tomorrow night! A little welcome back to the land". 

"We could do something else, maybe hungry jacks!" I have dreamed of this food on a nightly basis, and I haven't even had McDonalds yet. 

"Ahaha, I see you trying to get all this junk food, I'll think about it", she says. 

"Thank you", I say sweetly, "Oh also", I suddenly remember, "do we have a bike I could borrow?"

"I don't have one, personally I hate the things, I always end up getting a wedgie and falling off. But Sandra our neighbour does, she's come round and offered it to me, it was only a week ago, we can go round tomorrow and see if she still has it", she answers. 

"Yes please, all my friends like going around on their bikes". 

"It's nice to hear of teens doing things other than being on their phones", she says. 

"Yes, of course", I say rolling my eyes. I swear that's all any adults talk about these days. 

---

As I turn the corner to the school, early in the morning for swimming class. I see Finn and Alia waiting by the bike locks...