fire spreading all around my room

The end of the forest seemed impossible to find on foot. Strangely, she didn't feel out of breath despite running in the endless timber.

She noticed her attire after feeling safe in the quiet forest for a moment. A loose black zip-up hoodie, white tank top, basic military pants, and no shoes.

An odd choice of clothing, she thought.

She rummaged through the pants for anything; identification, a weapon, or even just something she could make use of. She yelped, but quickly covered her mouth with her clean hand. She carefully brought out her other hand from her pocket and held a bloody pocket knife.

She dropped it on the forest ground and walked backward, frightened. Then, tripped on a tree root and fell.

Did I kill someone? She thought horrified.

She looks at her feet noticing the blood-covered feet, but she sees no blood on the pants. Feeling curious and wanting the truth, she undresses in the desolate forest. Soaked in blood-drenched skin and burn marks.

A twig sounded behind her. Swiftly gripping the pocket knife and —instinctively— pointing it directly at the throat of the person. Shocked at her movement as if ingrained in her mind for a specific purpose. However, the person was unfazed and acted as if he's seen this once before, leaving her even more confused about who she is.

It was the same man who asked who she was before she ran off into the flaming forest. Realizing this, she was even more scared of the man. He stepped towards her slowly and brought up his hands to disarm her. Puzzled, she stepped backward and looked at him with a question.

"Who are you?" She snapped, gripping the knife and getting into a fighting stance. Exposed and armed, who wouldn't be frightened in this situation? The odds were against her. No memory, enemies, and this person in front of her appeared to recognize her.

"I'm Levi, do you remember me?" He questioned her with a gentle voice trying to calm her down. His hands remained in the air, slowly making their way towards the knife.

As if trained to recognize his voice, she let her guard down and allowed him to grab the knife from her.

He takes the knife and shields it in his pocket, then takes off his cloak. He offers his clock to her without saying anything, rather holding it out to her. She grabbed it fast and quickly draped it around her.

"Will you let me explain everything or will you light another forest on fire again?"

She nodded hesitantly. He motioned her to sit down while he starts to make a fire to get her warmed up. She nervously sat there and carefully watched his every move, ready to strike.

After he was done and started a fire, he started to explain everything.

"I'll give it to you straight and bluntly." He started, then began again.

"You're my wife and ruthless killer."