lost work

As a treat to those who stuck around, author will be giving you a peek at concepts, themes and attempts made in the past - they never made it into an actual, published chapter.

Be warned, some of it goes off on a tangents and aren't properly written - it is painstakingly messy + outdated :')

꒰⚘꒱

what if hunter snuck into your room late at night
and you allow him to stay again:

[ inspired by the song : 'father' by the front bottoms. This concept is a little newer than the rest here, occurring after the episode 'hollow mind'. This was a named chapter draft, it was going to be called 'chancing devotee'. Angst ]

Your eyes gape at the ceiling.

The expressionless, comfort-ridden ceiling replies back.

       Again?
    ... How many times has it been?

The ceiling met with no answer, only your forlorn stare.
Eyes dull, and your body fatigued - you fail to resist questioning why you do this to yourself... was love always meant to be this tiresome?

You feel the mattress shift, telling you that he was waking up.
Correspondingly, you turn yourself to the side, away from his awakening body. You clutch the bedsheets close to your chest, boring your eyes into the wall that was faintly tinted by the moonlight.
You hear his arms swing the sheets off himself, and he jolts up, faintly gasping - you pretend you do not hear nor feel a thing of his movements.

Next he slides his legs off the bed, stamping them to the floorboards. He sighs, heavily. He grips his nape, groaning a quiet curse aloud.
Running his statue-like fingers through the sheets, they trail to your cheek. You feel him caress the back of his fingers over your (s/c), exposed cheek. He moved on to your loose strands of hair, lightly toying with them before releasing you.

You wish you could turn around and yell why he did this every night, why he put you through all this. You were tired of it all. And yet you still love him.

Why did it have to hurt so much?

His lips tear apart. "You look good tonight, (Y/n)."

Surprise streams through you.
You spin around to meet with the newly-renowned, scandalous sad boy and lover. Hunter.

Word of his disappearance was the main notice in the castle today; his actual betrayal to the emperor on the other hand, wasn't made public. You only knew of it when you overheard a few of the emperor's mumbling as you tended to him and his abnormal 'curse' today.

Tonight, your eyes greet Hunter and you gasp as your boyfriend dashes to you in desperation, tying you in his arms while he rests his face into the nook of your neck. Worry fills your heart and troubles your mind as you return the tight embrace.

What is he doing here? In the late hours of the night?

"You look amazing, (Y/n)," his muffled voice announces, tenderly. He shifted his head a little, clearly whispering, "can I stay with you tonight?... please?"

꒰⚘꒱

hunter's encounter with the suspicious emperor: