Chapter One

To be fair, they were supposed to be on vacation. It's not like Tommy had planned on walking in on a fucking interrogation scene.

He was doing his usual act of being overly curious and managed to find a couple getting ready for their vacation the following day. Tommy figured what was the harm in returning the next day and seeing if he could pocket anything they managed to forget. They were practically asking for it, leaving their security system off.

Sure, Tommy didn't question it. So what, was he supposed to waste his entire night away thinking of the moral complexity of rich snobs forgetful enough to leave their windows unlocked?

Well, if you had given him the chance to do so before he walked in on a soon-to-be murder scene, he would have said yes.

He at least had the foresight to slip through the bedroom window, his logic saying the most valuable stuff would be there. Which he was thankfully right; golden Rolex's and diamond jewelry littered a vanity. Not to mention the walk-in closet, which held more, seriously; how many fucking golden watches does one guy need? Tommy was doing the guy a favor by taking these off his hands. Who knows what would happen if they fell into the wrong hands. Some asshole who probably corrected you when you said goodnight at midnight... Anyways his backpack had a sturdy collection of expensive shit he could pawn off when he noticed the safe hidden in the back of the closet. Now, usually, Tommy ignores those; who has the time of day to bother figuring out codes and shit? He was a busy man. But seeing as he had the house to himself for the day, he might as well do some snooping around to find the code.

Slowly, he let the bedroom door creak open silently, taking a glance down the hallway. Surprisingly, the house was well lit, though that was probably thanks to the fuck ton of windows it had. The hallway itself was short, just a bathroom to the left that opened up to the rest of the house. Tommy pondered for a moment, searching the bathroom but decided only he would put the code to a safe in a bathroom. Walking down the hall, he entered a kitchen area. The area was pretty clean, and they got rid of any perishables before their big trip. Honestly a shame Tommy would have loved to steal some of their food just as another fuck you to them.

Turning the corner, he froze.

Tied to two chairs in the center of the room was a blond man. His head was hanging low, but Tommy could still see the blood dripping down his forehead; a black cloth was shoved in his mouth. Next to him was a blonde woman in a similar situation, though her shoulders seemed to be shaking with sobs.

So that was unexpected.

The front door opened up, slamming against the wall. Thankfully it was against where Tommy was standing, quickly ducking down behind the kitchen counter. Three men in vibrantly monochromatic suits entered the building. A tall fucking built man in red entered, circling the couple once before examining the photos on the fireplace. He had long pink hair tied up into a clean bun, some sort of bedazzled dagger pin holding it all together.

Next was a man in a regular slick black suit. He had a laid-back grin on his face, eyes barely covered by curly brown locks. He settled down on the couch across from the couple. Tommy would have guessed he was in charge if it wasn't for the riddler-looking motherfucker that walked in.

Shorter than the other two, a blond man entered holding a dark wooden cane with a golden handle on it, though he walked fine without it. Purley for the aesthetic, then. His suit was dark green with fine gold detailing; he wore a red heart brooch accenting it nicely. His hair was pulled back in a low ponytail, and he wore a lazy smile.

"I think," The blond spoke, breaking the silence and cutting off the blonde woman sniffling, "We should start again."

Pinky in the red suit shot a disinterested look over at the couple tied up before removing the gag from the blonde man, who Tommy realized was unconscious. The brute just smacked him harshly to solve this, which was surprisingly effective.