Chapter 6

I snapped out of my trance.

"Oh um hi." I said back. He gave me a small smile and nodded. I smiled back at him. That's when our teacher walked in. She looked at me and smiled brightly.

"Oh! Come up here!" I walked up awkwardly to the front of the class. The teacher put her arm on my shoulder.

"Would you mind telling us your name?" She asked. 'Yes I wouyld mind thankyou very much' I thought to myself.

"Um (Y-Y/N)." I stuttered. A few students that sat in the front laughed at me.

"Well welcome to class (Y/N)! I am Mrs. Mishoe! I hope you have a great time and you can sit back down." As soon as she said that I immediatly started walking back to my seat very fast. Ugh I always have to be awkward.

The rest of my classes went by pretty fast. After languege art I had Social Studies for my second period. My teacher, Mrs. McLemore was pretty nice. And she didn't make me intorduce myself so that's good. I guess you could say Eden, Jordan, Julia, and Dan were my friends. I had my second period with everyone but Dan who had Math. On the first day you don't use your locker so I went to my third period which was gym. Oh no. I walked in to see alot of kids in thier own little groups. I looked around. The coach started walking toward me. She said that I didn't have to dress out or anything during my first week. I was walking toward the bench when I heard my name. I turned around to see Dan.

"Oh hey." I said. He seemed more happier than he was at languge arts. Probably because it was earily that morning. He might have been tired.

"So you are stuck in gym too?" he asked. I nodded.

"Ugh. Same. Very bad place for a geek like me to be." He chuckled. Wait.... did he just say geek? Have i met a fellow brother, Woah I need to calm down i hardly know the guy. The coach blew the whistle before I could say anything back.

"Oh I have to go. May the Gods be with me." He said. I laughed. That was probably the first time I have seemed happy all day. Maybe I could get to kow this guy. I sat down on the bench and read my book the whole period and the bell rang. It was time for lunch. I made my way down to the cafeteria. I wasn't that hungery so I just bought a water. I saw Eden, Jordan, and Julia standing out in the cafeteria.

"Hey (Y/N)!" Said Julia. I smiled as I walked toward them. I was glad that I wouldn't have to sit by myself.

"Hey we have to go to the class room for lunch be ause we didn't finish our work but we will sit with you tomorrow!" Disappointment flooded over me.

"Oh that's okay." I said still fake smiling. I sat down at an empty table and took out my book. A few minutes later I heard a little pounding on my table. I looked up to see Dan smiling at me.

"Why are you sitting here by youself? Where is Eden, Jordan, and Julia?" He asked.

"They went to go finish some work," I said.

"Oh well would you like to sit with me and my friend Phil?' Who?

"Um yeah sure." I said getting up and following Dan. We stopped at a table where a boy with black hair was sitting and reading Manga. I took a seat across from im and Dan sat next to me. The boy looked up.

"Oh hello there, the name is Phil." He said holding out his hand. I smiled.

"(Y/N)." You said.

"Ahh so your the girl Dan was going on about in second period." Phil chuckled.

"Oh shut up will you!" Shouted Dan as he looked down. Phil seemed pleased as he laughed even louder. I smiled and actually laughed a little bit. There was something about these boys... that made me feel better about myself. I'm not sure what.