Instruction

After four long years waiting till the appointed time to leave Malachor, an ancient world of the Sith, Ahsoka Tano longed for interaction with someone, anyone. She had long since felt useless, eager to find the boy who saved her life, Ezra Bridger. As she prepared to leave this almost lifeless world, a voice that sounded vaguely familiar called her name. "Ahsoka."

It continued, "Padawan Tano."

"I have long since been a Padawan, or a Jedi, who is this?"

The voice grew louder and clearer and said "have you forgotten the man you fought a war with?"

Tano turned around and was stunned as if she saw a ghost, actually she had for all intents and purposes. It was the force spirit of one Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, though he had aged quite extensively from the Tatooine sun and had a deeper tone in his voice. She did not recognize him at first, but with that distinctive beard and the color of the robes he projected she pieced together the puzzle. "Master Obi-Wan?"

"I have been going by 'Ben' but yes. It is good to see you, Ahsoka." Kenobi replied.

"How is this possible? Are you dead?"

"I am one with the force, yes. I am able to commune with the living through a technique my master, Qui-Gon Jinn learned, who eventually taught Yoda and they both taught me."

"How did you die? Did you escape Order 66?"

"Fortunately yes. As you know, the majority of the Jedi order did not, including Master Plo Koon." Old Ben answered.

"I assumed so. I was fortunate to survive with the help of Rex."

"I know you are to ask of Anakin."

"He's dead, Vader killed him. I fought him and looked directly in his soul through his eye, Anakin is gone."

"That's why I'm here. I'm afraid he has overpowered the Emperor and has taken the throne and taking his son, Luke, as his new apprentice. I had faith in the boy, but Yoda had always believed his twin sister was the true chosen one."

"That's right, and listen to me, he would not!" Yoda said as he manifested from thin air.

"Master Yoda!"

"Lady Tano. You must train the girl, we cannot."

"Hold on, this is all news to me. Anakin and Padme had twins?"

"Yes. She died in childbirth, I was there holding her hand. Luke and Leia. The boy went with me to his relatives on Tatooine and the girl went to live on Alderaan with Bail and Breha Organa." Kenobi replied.

"Well if Vader has convinced him how could Leia ever beat them together?"

"You must trust in the force. There are a remnant of Jedi and force users in the galaxy. One day they will overthrow the Empire and the flame of the Sith will be snuffed out once and for all. It may take a lifetime, but It will happen. This is not about the Jedi Order, that is history, this is about restoring balance to the force."

"Speaking of, my friend, Ezra Bridger is lost in the unknown regions. He could help."

"Yes. Kanan's boy. Hmm? A different path, he is on. One day he will rejoin the Rebellion." Yoda explained.

Kenobi chimed in: "You must go to Ahch-To, the location of the first Jedi temple. There are ancient texts there that will help you instruct the girl. I will come to her directly and tell her to come. Once you are confident in her basic instruction, intrust the texts to her and let her teach herself along the way, and you can go on your way to find Bridger. I met him once on Tatooine, he shows great intellect and promise."

"You know, you two are not my masters anymore, right?"

"No, but we know you'll do the right thing, isn't that right, Master Yoda?"

"Yes. Wise beyond your years, you always have been. Saw the corruption in the Order, you did. We did not."

"Remember, no one is ever too far gone. The Force will be will you. Always." said Kenobi as he and his green friend faded away.

As the rebellion set up a few scattered bases of operation on the rocky world of Batuu, Leia Organa was visited by Ben Kenobi at night.

"Hello There. I am finally returning your message."

"Ben Kenobi, it is nice to finally meet you, I think. I know I said it was our most desperate hour then, but it doesn't compare to now... my brother is gone."

"He is not gone, there's still good in him, I am sure of it."

"But how will we ever defeat Vader now with Luke compromised. There's no more Jedi."

"No, not as of yet. But you are as much a Skywalker as Luke. Yoda wanted to train you instead of him."

"I can't. What if I succumb to the dark side?"

"You won't. You are our only hope now"

"What should I do then?"

"Go to the ocean world of Ahch-To in the unknown regions. It is the site of the first Jedi temple. There you will meet my old colleague, Ahsoka Tano. She is not a Jedi, but was at one point. She has faced Vader before and could not defeat him on her own. She will train you as long as she can before she must go on her own journey that will take her in the opposite direction. Listen to her, you both are very much alike."

"But what about Han and the others?" 

"In time you will rejoin them and the fight will continue. Trust in the force, Luke will be saved. Balance will be restored."

-

The next morning Leia goes to Han and tells him what has happened.

His immediate reaction was to just say what he really feels. He can't beat around the Bush this time, he's been flirty yet played hard-to-get for too long."Leia, I never have really told you what you already know. I love you and I can't lose you"

"I know you do. You won't. Come with me! You can go on missions when called."

"You know, maybe that sea air will do something good for me. I'm so tired of fighting and running. I think I will come with you, even just for a little while. I'll entrust goldenrod with the rebellion, we can bring R2, he will be useful for something."

When they had gathered all they'd need - rations and stuff of the sort - Leia took Luke's old X-Wing while Han and R2 rode in the Falcon, as per usual, with the astromech acting as a sort of copilot being plugged into the computer.

Opening a com right before they jumped to hyperspace, Leia transmits to Han the coordinates that Ben Kenobi gave her and informs Solo: "Alright, Han. The map should be arriving to you any second now. "

"I got it, thanks! Hey I have something I want to ask you when we get settled on the island. But let's focus on getting there first."

"Okay, it's a straight shot to Ahch-To after we've passed the suns."

"Sounds good, your worshipfulness."

"You should've stopped that long ago."

"I know, I just like to be difficult."

"I love you, you nerfherder!"

"Yeah, yeah. I love you too.
May the force be with us both...."