Chapter Twenty Four

After the last day feast is over, I go with Ron and Draco. We're sneaking him into Gryffindor, and this is the last night we get to spend in the dorms until next year. Hopefully, next year, I'll spend more time in the dorms. I think I will. Maybe only weekends I'll sleep in our quarters, unless something bad happens or I have a nightmare. I think that sounds right, sounds good.

"So, remind me, where the hell am I sleeping?"

"Uh... Yeah, we'll figure that out later," Ron says. "Just be quiet and stay under the cloak. McGonagall will give us detention all of next year if she knows we're doing this," he mumbles, looking around for her. I chuckle. "Dean, Seamus, and Neville already said it'd be fine. They're all taking sleeping potions."

"After midnight."

"Right."

"So..."

"So... What?"

Draco shrugs. "And they're all fine with me, Draco Malfoy, one who has apologized but knows they don't believe me, staying in their dorm for the night?"

Ron nods. "Yeah, of course. Absolutely."

"Ron..."

"Okay, maybe they don't know it's you, but-"

"WHAT?! I'll be killed in my sleep!!!"

"Oh, Merlin, you were always such a drama queen."

"Emphasis on the 'queen'," Draco responds. "And if they don't kill me, they'll at least fill my trousers with itching powder and rat droppings!"

Ron laughs. "Yeah, maybe. Actually, probably. I don't think they've completely forgiven you."

"Well, of course not. I was a prick."

"And maybe still are. Just a little bit."

"You're just saying that because I'm more... gorgeous."

"Are you calling me ugly!?" Ron exclaims, and shoves Draco lightly. "Prick."

"Prat."

"Arse."

"Git."

"I'm still better than you."

"Are not."

"Are too."

"Are not."

"Are too."

"Guys, come on, knock it off." I whack both of them on their heads. Bloody gits. "You're acting like children."

"We are children."

"Fine, be morons then."

"Yes, sir!" Draco does a mock salute. Then, he trips over his own two feet and falls into a statue like a stupid. "Ow, ow ow ow ow ow...."

I help him to stand. "You're fine. There isn't any blood anywhere. Maybe a bruise later."

"Jerks."

We walk the rest of the way to Gryffindor tower. Those to continue to be idiots, and I join them. Ron bets that Draco can't climb up the wall, like rock climbing, and Draco decides to do it. So do I. 

I climb up to the midpoint fastest, meaning I win. But Draco climbs all the way to the top. 

"Oh, shit," he mumbles. "I didn't think about how to climb down..."

I jump to the ground and fall on my arse. Ron helps me up. 

"Jump?" he suggests, grinning. "You'll be fine!"