𝐭𝐰𝐨, 𝐨𝐟 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟏. - 𝐡𝐞

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

*ੈ‧₊˚

╔═.✵.══════════╗

" We all hate seeing you this way. "

╚══════════.✵.═╝

"Something wrong?" I questioned, admiring the h/c.
"No. I'm just bored, that's all." She replied.
"Bored, huh? Maybe you could go hang out with a friend?"
"They're all busy." She sighed, chewing on her cheek while shutting her eyes.
"That's too bad, I have a strong feeling someone desperately wants to hang out with you right now. Specifically a boy, maybe black-haired... Name starts with the letter R?" I leaned forwards, resting my chin on her shoulder and gazing up at her.
She smirked, knowing who I was. She opened her eyes and looked at me slightly. "I should've guessed.
"Hard day at school?" I mumbled.
"Without you there, yes." She exhaled, that pretty slight smile adorning her features.
"How sweet." A chuckle left my lips.

"Ray." I've been brought back to reality by my wife growling at me through her teeth.
I turned my eyes to her. "Sorry, I zoned out."
Madelyn sighed before clearing her throat, signifying that we were moving forwards with the conversation. "So, what do you think?"
I furrowed my brows, "what do I think?" I repeated, not understanding what we were talking about.
She rolled her eyes and entwined her fingers, resting her chin on her delicate hands. "About the party? Will we have it or not?"
I shook my head. "I don't-- sure, I don't care. Do what you want."
The woman frowned. "Must you always be so difficult? I'm trying to make this marriage work."
I scoff, "please. Making an attempt to fix this marriage is last on your list of priorities."
She ignored me, scrolling through something I couldn't make out on her phone.
"Of course, though, keeping your special relationship with your boss private is higher up." I looked away, raising the mug filled with coffee to my lips as if I had not spoken.
My wife slightly lifted her eyes to me in surprise. "Stop with this nonsense already, would you? You're making crazy accusations." She adjusted herself uncomfortably on the stool.
"Don't think that I didn't hear you fucking him in the bathroom last week at that work party." I stood up, gently placing my mug in the sink before slipping on a pair of shoes. "Believe me, if anyone is trying to make this work, it's me."
She remained silent as I shut the door behind me.