♚23.New home

Rafael

After I park my car in the garage, I gather a sleepy Star in my arms, heading for the door that leads to the hallway.

When we get inside she finally notices:

"Where are we, Teo?"

"At our place."

"But I don't live here, and you don't live here either. It's beautiful though." She says as she looks around , taking in the cream and gold marble floors and the ivory walls.

"I'm glad you like it. I got it for us. I'll give you a tour tomorrow, ok?"

The reason I had to personally attend a business deal today was because my agent showed me the estate. This area of Queens is where Ray and I's territories meet. The high walls guarded by our men and the fact that the manor it's secluded in a small forest, assure better security than Star's penthouse, especially given the situation. The east wing connects to a beautiful greenhouse that her black panther will definitely approve of. There's also a little lake somewhere on the property so Ray will be able to be close to a body of water whenever she wishes. I knew from the start that it would be perfect for us, so I made the aqusition. I already had some of our things brought over from our families' houses.

"Mhm". She nuzzles her nose in the crook of my neck inhaling deeply. "Did I tell you how much I love your scent? It's my favorite, you smell like home." I didn't think butterflies were still a thing after reaching adulthood, but she never fails to prove me wrong.

"Really? What other physical trait do you love about me?" I say as I open the bedroom's door, setting her on her feet. She sways a little and grabs onto my forearm for support.

"A lot of things, your eyes, your hair, your cute freckles that I always want to kiss, your smile. But your ass is one of favorite assets of yours. It's honestly unfair how round and toned it is, I feel like taking a bite out of it every time I see it."

"Yeah? " I tease as I lead her towards the bathroom, making her sit on the counter. "And what is your most favorite asset?" I ask as I grab some wet wipes to remove her makeup.

"Well, that would be your dick." Her face pinks up as she makes the admission in a low, secretive voice. She's always been way too honest for her own good while intoxicated. What baffles me is that she'd never spill any of her mafia's intel, however she'd tell you exactly how she feels about you.

"I'm hungryyyy!" Ray whines.

"But you've just eaten on our way here. You made me stop and grab you some pizza from that little restaurant you love." I remind her as I put some toothpaste on the toothbrush. "Open."

"Oh! Right. That was some good pizza." She says giggling, then she opens her mouth allowing me to brush her teeth. "Wouuz vou louve we -"

"Sweetheart, you must spit the toothpaste and rinse your mouth first. I can't understand you otherwise." I give her a glass of water and she does as instructed, then she locks her gaze with mine looking dead serious as she asks:

"Would you still love me if I were a worm?" Her pretty onyx eyes are big, hopeful, even though her question is ridiculous.

"No." I tease, but I regret it as soon as her bottom lip begins to wobble and a tear rolls down her cheek.

"Bh..but you promissed you will never leave me again and that you'll always love me." She sniffs. " An.. and.."

I hug her to me, kissing the top of her head. "I was just kidding, Star, of course I would love you, no matter what."

"Even if I were a worm?" She questions, reciprocating the embrace.

"Even then. I'd put you in a little jar and carry you with me everywhere." I laugh softly. She may be a tough she devil in the mafia world, but with me she's just a big softie. And I'm grateful she allows herself to be vulnerable in my arms. "You're my everything, Star."