chapter 8

Chapter 8
He took about a week to figure out how to exact revenge, he had started to dislike the elves, they were smiling. Offering nods, life had been the same, they didn't even hold a proper burial, they say they lacked time due to their human obligation, bunch of cowards, no not Fang she had been a real friend, fed him even picked up, his vomit after a night of abusing the mead. This morning, however she had brought a gift, a bow, it was a very crude bow, but he appreciated it nonetheless, she had tried to appease his anger, but he would have his vendetta. Even if he died, he was an elf, his quality of life would never be that good at the end of the day. He thought of his promise to Thrandull , he was once a proud elf who fought for our people, he'd understand, he thought of his only friend, he had signed a contract resigning all of his rights, in exchange for her safety it was signed by the king, only the most important lords had that and for the first time in the history of the reign of man, an elf had it. His plan was made, only the guard captain had to die, it would send a message, and truth be told, he couldn't' fight an entire army and he doubt the elf would help, he barely could fight, he had some hand-to-hand training from Freia and was pretty skill with a bow, yes killing the captain would send a clear message, that evening he invited Fang to his laboratory, he wanted to be with his friend in case he didn't survive. He had a surprise for her, some meat, elf usually didn't eat meat, but the orc did and her blood craved it, again most people frowned on trading with elf, and she didn't have time to hunt. Kenshin had prepared mead and had cook the meat on the best barbeque replica he could create. She had called him outside, like he had asked her, he went to greet her outside, and put a blindfold on her face, she laugh, Kenshin would miss that innocence, that playfulness they went in the house. But the surprise was ruined Fang knew the smell, she had craved it.
- Rabbit meat, she said turning in the wrong direction
He took the blindfold off and spoke
- Yes, and as much as you can eat
- How did you acquired this, we aren't allowed
- Well, you see, started Kenshin
He saw in her eyes how much she desired the meat.
- Doesn't matter eat, he continued smiling.
They had a lot of laugh that night, they reminisce about childhood memory.
She offered her a piece, Kenshin was hesitant he didn't know the elf digestive system. But he took the piece, for the road he thought, as he took a bite, he was elated the meat was delicious, so incredible, but there was another feeling highly addictive, he felt the blood of the rabbit on his tongue. Was that why it was forbidden by the elf
- Don't go horn please, begged him Fang
- I have too, he said hugging her before leaving
Kenshin had his bow and was waiting for the captain to leave the guard post, he had made sure to make the mead extra potent. He waited hours,
But he finally came out, there was an element he didn't calculated, he didn't know the weak points of the armor. He'd have to get closer to attack, an idea came to in, he leaps toward the back of the post. He was left surprised, not only did he jump much farther it had been quicker too. He took out his bow, and aimed at the neck.
- You don't like elf? Kenshin said to himself, how do it feel to know that one killed you.
He shot his arrow, a clean shot, trough the Adam apple, he saw the captain fall and heard a squeal. Turning around quickly he felt horrible, sick. There was a little kid, he had seen the whole scene, he was crying and screaming, Kenshin felt horrible, he didn't want to ruin that kid life, of course the scream alerted the guard, he felt a hard punch knocking him to the ground, he had been knockout. He woke up to whispers, Kenshin open his eyes he couldn't believe his eyes, the bald elf, the one that had been bullying him was there, outside of his jail, he was looking at him.
- Elf, help elf, he told Kenshin
How was this possible, the bald men had hated him, did he somehow really care about the elves.
-Thank you said, he told the man
- Wait till dusk, there's less guard, the man answered
So Kenshin did, and as simply as that he had escaped, he knew the jail, he had delivered mead so often, when he heard a voice, a very weak voice
- Young elf, come here, the voice said
Did a guard catch him? But the voice came from a cell, he followed the voice and saw a very old, very beaten down elf, he had skin on his bone, hair that felt to his hips, he had been here a long time, though Kenshin
- Yes come, lets me get a good look at you, said the old elf
As Kenshin looked closer, he saw tattoos, he never saw a tattoo in this world.
- You are a special one aren't you, he continued
- Who are you, how long have you been here, asked Kenshin
- Sit you have much to learn about this world
- I'm in the middle of escaping said Kenshin ill free you, just give me a seco...
Kenshin stopped mid-sentence the man had said, this world. How did he know. Kenshin sat down, he had to know, this man knew something he didn't.
- How did you know ask Kenshin
- All in due time, the man said, first I life, most of us wanted to share. Those people became the devil tribe, they became the evil that plague the land, then came the orc, they were the descendants of the devil tribes, those who resist the corruption became orc and as long as they fought, they didn't do too much trouble. Then the human came, the humans was a numerous people they had greed and one of them made a deal with a devil tribe member, they discovered our weaknesses, they equipped themselves with fire arrow, fire sword, we had no chance we lost the war, I'm an ancient elf one of the first to roam this land, that gives me an ability, one the human crave enough to keep me alive.
Kenshin was absorbing all of this information incredulous he forgot he was escaping, he had so many questions, when he heard distant step.
- They are coming, said the old elf, time is short and I won't be able to answer your question, but my ability permit to analyze any object, person, that how I knew you weren't from here, that how I know about your curse, your devil ability, vampirism. This is an immense gift, he continued, you will gain the ability of the people you drink the blood off, this is an immense gift, this is how you'll survive in this world drink my blood Kenshin drink it.
He offered an arm to Kenshin, Kenshin accepted the gift unsure as he got closer to the arm, he felt his teeth slowly growing and he bite in the man arm drinking his blood. He had the same feeling that he had when he ate the rabbit.
He saw the life go out of the man eyes but heard a soft ''thank you'', the step were coming closer, Kenshin started to leap from place to place he was much faster, he ran to the elf village, to warn them. When he entered the village, nobody was there, how odd ,at this time everyone was usually here, he thought, he stepped further in the village when he heard
-I told you, I could find him for you, said the bald man
Who was he talking too? He saw the whole village come forth followed by numerous guards armed to the teeth.
- He has nothing to do with us look at his horn, continued the bald man.
Everyone was there the elder had a blade under his neck they were detaining him, Kenshin understood, the bald man had betrayed him it had been a trap to get rid of him. He then saw Fang she had resisted; she was pinned down by two guard, and she look at him worryingly. Kenshin knew what he had to do, for the elf, for his people. He started to laugh maniacally, to the gaps of numerous person. He took out his hood revealing once more his horn
- So now you know, I fool those people into thinking I was an elf, I'm a member of the devil tribe and I came to conquer this kingdom, he saw elves he had share meal with crying, they were believing him, the guards were believing him. Truth is I hate those elves they're weak, pathetic, he continued as the guard were letting go of the elf, I went to the king throne room who's to say I didn't poison his mead, your kingdom belongs to the devil tribe you and the elves will fall.
Kenshin was ashamed he felt horrible, he didn't mean any of it, it was the place he grew up, he loved his life, he felt sad, he looked around and saw Fang, she was looking at him as he was saying these horrible things, he felt a tear rolling down his eyes, he was retaining them the best he could Kenshin heart was shattered.
- I will come back with the devil tribe and kill you all , he said before leaping and escaping to the forest.
Kenshin was free, his life his, he was alone but he was free, he wanted to visit his mother grave one last time, he got there replace the flower gave a kiss to the stone, as he was leaving, he heard a voice.
- You thought I would believe you said Fang
She had followed him
- Hurry back to the village, he said you have a chance of survival protect the clan
- You really are stupid horn, you always have been my clan you and Freia have always been, if you're leaving, I'm leaving.
And just like that they left never looking back at Lohan kingdom, their long trip was only beginning.