Chapter 12

The time has come.
It was dark, night had just creeped in. His two bodyguards were gone and Gary was in bed just like every other day, ready to sleep so he could wake early tomorrow.

"As if!' Gary shouted in the bathroom that was inside his room with lipstick in his hand, he was currently applying makeup- his eyeliner was sharp and hid the shape of his eyes well and his lips were a heavy wine color. Placing down his on brand lipstick, the blond carefully applied some long lashes before taking out the key of his look.

"Perfect!" He smiled proudly, a purplish wig, reaching his shoulder, on his head to hide his identity "I'm ready" he challenged the mirror, squinting with a grin before posing in front of the mirror just before he left.

By the time Gary is supposedly asleep, the SAMES he uses during the day are charging and so if HUE's physical body too- although they do have night SAMES to keep a lookout, this is Gary's only chance to escape during the night.
He carefully bit the high heels between his teeth as he climbed out of the balcony, trying his best to- you know- not fall to his death. Once his bare feet touched the wet grass that was being watered by the sprinklers at the moment, he stepped back against the wall to try leave without getting wet as well.

"You're doing great, Gary" the man complimented himself with a whisper, carefully climbing over the gates of his mansion while avoiding the robots since he knew their programmed walk cycle.

Now outside, Gary carefully put on his heels and fixed his hair with his fingers, pulling out his phone and calling for a cab.

"Let's go have some fun" he sang.

Meanwhile, in a bar that played the blues, the two bodyguards sat together. One drinking her wine peacefully while her partner fumbled with his phone, ignoring the whiskey in front of him to check if his son was OK

"How do you even--" Avocato struggled for a moment when Quinn finally took the phone off him and opened the app he needed

"You really need to learn how to use that" she sighed, handing back the device before taking a sip from her drink

"Cant help it- Technology in Ventraxia is far more advanced" Avocato huffed.

Quinn only rolled her eyes, she knew Technology in ventracia was advanced but that was only the weapons- their civilization was much more....elderly- serving Kings and queens....maybe like England. She wouldn't know- she has never been to England afterall.

Once Avocato finally successfully sent a message to his son he took a big swing from his cup, hissing at the bitter taste before relaxing once again. He lazily tilted the cup in his paw, cheek resting against his other in boredom

"Do you think he hates us?" The ventraxian finally asked after a moment of silence

"What?" Quinn turned to him, unsure if she was surprised at the question, since Avocato was never one to care for other's opinion on him, or if she was surprised at the mention of their boss coming from the ventraxian.

"You know-- boss" Avocato shrugged, leaning away from the counter and bringing the cup to his lips "Gary..." he murmured, correcting himself as he took a sip

Quinn hummed in thought, joining the other in finishing her drink in thought.
When the music stopped, she turned her attention to the stage, watching the lady that had been singing exiting and changing with another

"There is a possibility" she answer among the silence as she turned back to gesture the bartender for a refill "although I'm not too sure"

"I just can't read him" Avocato grumbled as his cup was once again full "one moment it's like he wants us around then he suddenly doesn't want to see us again"