3

Nobody knew her, but they only had to cross paths with her once before darkness invaded their lives. She couldn't remember the last time she had heard someone laugh or watched them smile. She couldn't remember the last time she woke up in the morning without feeling the burden of hundreds of shadows in her chest. They lingered on her ceiling, playing with the walls in her room, hid under her bed, and wouldn't let her sleep. But it was never like she wanted to escape from the wilderness she lived in. That was until she met Yellow.

Suddenly, it began to suffocate her. She would shut out the voices of the shadows lingering in her room by pressing her pillow to her ears. She would shudder when she thought about hurting another person. It all came down to a point she started burning candles in her room to block out the darkness to some extent.

After first their paths crossed, Blue once again found herself walking into the empty streets in her oversized black hoodie on a dark cloudy day. This time, she purposely chose the deserted streets because she would hate to watch someone else suffer because of her.

She didn't realize she was walking down the same path she had all those days ago until she heard the familiar rhythm of footsteps. Her head snapped up just in time to meet the brown eyes of the mysterious boy. This time too, he was looking at her. And she couldn't take it. She hated how she didn't even know his name but he was having such an influence on her. She could not gather the courage to talk to a bright person, let alone be in their company.

Once again, she turned around and didn't look back.