Chapter Sixteen

"Ziggy?" A voice said outside the bathroom door. She quickly wiped her tears and tried to pretend she went to the bathroom, by fake flushing the toilet. After that she opened the door, and Nick stood there with a solemn look on his face.

"yeah?!" Her voice said directed toward him, with a hint of passive aggressiveness.

"Are you okay..." She put on a fake smile.

"yeah is there some reason I wouldn't be" A sarcastic tone being heard throughout.

He heard this and quickly tried to affirm with her, "Ziggy I Swear I-"

"It's fine. Nick" She brushed past him mummering to herself. "let's just go eat"

After the dinner, Ziggy sat outside on the steps of their porch, waiting for her mom. Nick found this as an opportunity to talk with her.

He went to sit next to her, and she glared at him as he sat. "What do you want?"

"J-Just listen to me" He looked at her sincerely, "please" He placed a hand on her shoulder and she shook him off.

"what"

"I'm-" He paused and looked at her, "I-"

"your what, Nick" Ziggy said growing impatient

"well I know-" He went silent again trying to think of the words to say. A groan escaped his lips in frustration, why is it so hard for him to talk to her.

"Alright I'm done, bye Nick" She got up and began to leave.

"I'm Sorry!" It was silent, and she stopped walking.

Her face grew red hot, and anger consumed her. All that rage bottled up and she stormed toward Nick. "You're Sorry!?? Now You're Sorry!?" She took deep breathes in between each sentence feeling light heading. "No Nick! You Don't Get To Feel Sorry!"

"Just listen..."

"No. I'm done listening to you. I liked you, and you ruined it. So please don't apologize" He was taken aback at the statement, and the more imbued with guilt he felt. "This is the last time I want to see you"

She turned around, and walked away, but he said something else that caught her off guard. "It wasn't the witch who killed your sister that day at camp"