Prologue

Nozomi's POV

Growing up in the Akiyama clan had its perks. Like the Big Three Sorcerer Families, we pride ourselves in knowing that we were among the top most influential families in the Jujutsu world. My clan is known for our powerful reverse curse techniques, but there's no way we're up at the top by just healing people. You see, we were once the strongest family alive with all sorcerers from my clan having their own unique technique, but one day, my ancestor, Akiyama Akihiko grew greedy. Each sorcerer from my clan had a unique ability to control time and Akihiko had the most powerful technique. He was able to control the timeline of any object containing cursed energy and either fast forward or turn back time for that specific object to either make it too weak to fight back or too young to have the knowledge to fight back. This power was so great that he was recognized as the most powerful Jujutsu sorcerer to ever live and then one day...

Something snapped.

It was unknown at the time, but his massive amounts of cursed energy consumed him and he became a curse. He teamed up with Ryomen Sukuna and together, they wrecked all of Japan until a group of sorcerers split them apart and exorcised them. It's a known fact that Sukuna's fingers are scattered all over Japan to act as talismans but it is unknown to the general public what happened to Akihiko. The truth is, only the Akiyama clan knows because we were the ones who took down Akihiko. Akiyama Atsushi, Akihiko's younger brother, was the one who delivered the final blow and exiled Akihiko to a different dimension. Atsushi's cursed technique allowed him to transport himself to different dimensions through time and it took massive amounts of cursed energy to transport himself and Akihiko to a deserted dimension. Atsushi idolized Akihiko for as long as he could remember and killing Akihiko brought immense pain to him, so he decided that banishing Akihiko to live where no one else has survived was the second best option. Before Atsushi was able to come back to our world, Akihiko cursed him.

"When another sorcerer is born with similar powers as I, I will return and wreak havoc to the world as I did once before"

All members of the Akiyama clan learned that we were so overwhelmed with embarrassment and guilt that we suppressed our powers for centuries and developed a different technique that can only be used for good. What we didn't know was that our powers were suppressed in fear that Akihiko would return back to our world. 

And that's where I come into the story. I'm Akiyama Nozomi and I was born on December 7, 1995, Gojo Satoru's birthday, and the elders took it as the sign they needed to have us engaged. They believed that we were made for each other and had us train together in hopes that the once dormant technique will be reborn.

Flashback, 10 years ago

I ran away.

I was snooping through the private library on our property when I came across a scroll written by Akiyama Atsushi.

I turned 15 a month ago, and I am scheduled to enroll in the Tokyo Jujutsu High soon, so I had a group grip on my cursed energy and how it works. I was curious to know more about my clan so snooping around the private library at 2 am seemed like the most logical answer. The scroll was something I came across by accident, but when I opened it to read it's contents, I could only stare at it in horror. 

The scroll was written by Akiyama Atsushi and it was a biography of Akiyama Akihiko. The last words were of the curse that he put upon the Akiyama clan and as I read through the scroll a second time, all I could think about is how my cursed technique is so similar to Akihiko's.

Do I run away? Do I live like my cursed technique doesn't exist? Or do I face my fears head on and defeat Akihiko when he comes back?

I was weak. No, I am weak.

I'm scared of failure, of death, of expectations and letting everyone down. I... am a coward.

And so, I ran away to Korea. If I can't live my current life, then I'll have to live the life that I dreamed of. If I'm too scared to face my fear of failure and death, then I can face my fear of expectations and letting everyone down because I already did so when I ran away.

I knew that I eventually had to return to the Jujutsu world because of my clan and their influence, so I took the scroll and scoured the library for any other texts that were related to Akihiko and Atsushi. The only other book I was able to find was the evolution of the Akiyama clan's techniques.

I ran back to my room and packed the one suitcase I had that was hiding in my closet. I stuffed it with the only modern clothes I owned and the 2 texts. Looking at the suitcase barely filled with clothes, I found a white, loose blouse, a beige sweater vest, and a white tennis skirt.

Flashback

Despite being born with a powerful technique, I had a bounty placed on my head by power hungry individuals and as a result, I was forced to live within my parents' sights. I was told to never leave the estate and the most time I spent outside my room was to train with Gojo Satoru, the man I was arranged to marry with.

At first I hated his guts, but as we spent years together, pouring our blood, sweat and tears into training, we formed a sort of understanding of each other. We were both born with immense power and we can only do what is asked of us, which is to train, become strong, and create even stronger offspring.

I bought my first real outfit when Gojo and I snuck out of training to go to the local festival. Gojo had more experience with the outside world than I did so I followed him like a lost puppy. Before we could step foot into the festival grounds, Gojo took me to a clothing store to buy something so that we could blend into the crowd. I was sick and tired of only wearing traditional kimonos, so I picked something that looked similar to what the girls were wearing outside the store. I bought a white, loose blouse, a beige sweater vest, and a white tennis skirt, along with a pair of black loafers. Gojo laughed at me, saying that I looked like a schoolgirl, but this outfit held so much significance to me because I felt normal for once in my life.

Flashback ends

Looking at the outfit with a fond smile on my face, I begin to think about Gojo...

No. I can't afford to second guess myself. I need to leave here. I need to leave Japan.

The closest place to Japan is South Korea so I decided to take a ferry. A couple hours passed and there I was, a 15 year old, just sitting on the ferry looking out at the sea when a strange man stood in front of me. He spoke with a heavy accent, but I was able to barely understand him.

"Your looks are one of an angel."

I was taken aback. Me? Beautiful? I did what I only knew and that was to bow and thank him, for this was my first compliment I've ever received. I looked out at the sea again, thinking that our short conversation was over but he kept going. He wanted me to travel with him to Seoul, where he would have me trained to become an idol. Me? An idol? But, I have no love for music. Everyone, even Gojo, knows that...

This might be my way to be hidden from the Jujutsu world! If everyone knows that I hate music, then the last place they think I'd be is in a different country, pursuing a career in something I hate.

I hastily agreed to the strange man's request. If training to become an idol is what hides me away from my clan and their expectations, then I will do so, but I will also continue my current training in secret because deep in my heart, I know that hiding forever is impossible.