RHAPSODY

Her hands fiddle with mine, playing mindlessly with every finger. She places my hand in hers, palm side up, as her index finger takes the time to trace the lines that curve on my skin.

"Your hands are so rough."

"You've seen me train, Dhalia."

She looks up. "But you're so gentle with me."

"You say that like it's a bad thing."

"I like how kind you are," She softly confesses. "You're so patient with me, so sweet. I like how much taller you are than me, how much stronger."

"Shouldn't that be intimidating?"

"It should," She agrees. "But it isn't. I just feel that much smaller-a living shadow of my own keeping me safe and protected."

"I will always protect you." I promise her roughly.

She only smiles, looking at me with such intensity it makes me feel like I've hung the moon and stars for her.

"Even when I'm withering away? When I'm just a memory?"

The beauty of this girl astounds me, and my lips curve into a smile crafted just for her.

"Even then." I promise in a whisper.

❀❀❀

Surviving a sex trafficking ring, Dhalia Jackson turned Dhalia Choi finally feels like her life is worth living. Her forgotten life off the grid seems more in the present than she'd like to realize, and when her past comes back to haunt her, Dhalia must make a sacrificing choice that will determine the rest of her future.

Jase Ramirez lives the simple life-almost. Getting his degree in psychology and behavioural science, as well as his PHD in behavioural psychology, Jase believed his life was set up on a different path. One filled with therapists and trauma clinics to help the ones who needed it the most. Instead, he finds himself working as a bodyguard for a billionaire, a job that tests his teachings everyday.

When Jase and Dhalia meet, all seems right with the world. An enthralling friendship that seems to push and pull both of them, leaving them with uncovered feelings and oblivious thoughts. Until it doesn't.

RHAPSODY: chapter one out now.