Our Little Book Club

"Good evening Baji-san. It's lovely to see you again. Have you found out what you like about me yet?," the girl questioned.

"No, not yet."

"Bummer, I really had faith in you, Poindexter," she pouted. Poindexter?

"Who're you calling a Poindexter?," I growled lowly.

"You," she answered simply.

I'm starting to hate this girl.

"Whatever," I stated getting back to my studies. "You spelt this wrong," she said pointing at my book. Huh?! I did? Not again!

"What the hell is that supposed to be anyways?"

"Love is blind," I stated looking away with a small blush.

"Are you writing some sappy love poem? Here," she said as she took my pen. Looking down at her writing I noticed her e/c eyes and long eyelashes.

'恋は盲目'

"That's how you write it," she grinned. Her handwriting is really pretty.

"Speaking of 'love is blind,' I just started reading this new book about a guy who time travels to try and save his soulmate," she smiled.

"Huh? So why are you telling me that?," I asked confused.

"I want us to read it together," she sang. What? We aren't even friends.

"I bought you a copy yesterday," she stated as she took a small book out of her bag. It's cover was had a stopwatch on it with a purple background.

"Since there isn't a book club at this school, I wanted to start one and you're the first member," she chirped as I took the book out of her s/c hand.

"I'm already on chapter 22, but I'll wait until you catch up 'kay?"

"I'm not promising that I'm going to read this," I sighed. I'm too busy with the gang and school for nonsense.

"But our book club," she whined annoyingly.

'Our' book club? "Why don't you form this club with your friends?," I asked obviously annoyed with her antics.

"I don't have any. Wasn't that obvious? Well I mean I have friends they just don't attend this school," she explained, trying her hardest not to look at me.

I feel kind of bad for her now. Come to think of it, whenever I see her in school she's always alone reading a book or doing school work.

"Fine, I'll be in your book club," I sighed in defeat. She jumped in excitement, causing her glasses to fall, exposing her mesmerizing e/c eyes.

"Yay! Thank you Baji-san! You won't regret joining," she chirped. She's looked cute just as Chifuyu suggested.

"In return, I'll do you a favor."

"Huh?"

"I'll tutor you after every club session which will take about half an hour."

"Wow! Really? Thanks," I beamed at her. She began to giggle uncontrollably after I thanked her. Was she joking when she said that?

"I'm sorry," she clenched her stomach tightly. I gave her a few minutes because every time she tried to speak she'd just breakdown laughing.

"My apologies, Baji-san," she coughed.

"It's just that your sudden burst of excitement was really adorable."

Adorable?

"Eh~, is Baji-san embarrassed," she teased.

"Shut up, stupid."

"So aggressive~."

***

"Still haven't found out what you liked about her huh?," Chifuyu asked standing outside of our apartment building.

"I guess her face is alright," I shrugged.

"Ehh?! Is Baji-san blushing because of a girl?!," Chifuyu exclaimed in a shocked state. I'm blushing? I guess I do feel a bit warm.

"S-shut up, dumbass!," I shouted. "You were the one who said she was pretty!"

"I thought it was just a rumor!"

"Well it's not!

"Hahaha, Baji-san your reaction is priceless," Chifuyu laughed, rubbing the tears from his eyes.

𝔇𝔢𝔰𝔦𝔰𝔢𝔵𝔲𝔞𝔩❦