Part 1

AUTHOR NOTE: I am purposely avoiding using pronouns or giving any description for Y/N, that way they can be literally anyone. This is not a gendered Y/N. Also there will be smut. Please enjoy! -R

Y/N's POV

    The inky black sky whizzed by as I looked out the window. The stars were silvery blurs poking through the treetops of the dense forest. The steady clackity-clack-clackity-clack-clackity-clack of the train was lulling me into a drowsy state, and I wanted to fall asleep, but for some reason that felt wrong. I looked away from the mesmerizing view out of the window, looking around the rest of the train car I'm in. It's nearly empty, with only one other person in the car with me. I realized I don't remember getting on this train. Where was it even headed? I turned to get a better look at the person on the train with me. He was beautiful, and I had never seen him before. He had dark, almond shaped eyes peeking out from beneath strands of fluffy white hair, although his roots were dark. He was seated, so I couldn't tell how tall he was. Probably taller than me though. He was dressed in a black t-shirt and jeans, and I could see the glint of silver earrings in the warm glow of the train's overhead lights. He looked over at me, making eye contact. I wanted to say something, but I didn't know what. I looked down at my hands and noticed the drawing I was holding. I had drawn him staring at me in near perfect detail. I looked back up at him, but he was gone. Where did he go? I ran to the end of the train car and opened the door to see if he had gone into the next car, but was met with wind blowing in my face as I watched the train tracks recede behind the train. I could feel myself falling, and then my eyes opened.

    I shot up, breathing heavily. What the fuck was that dream? Who was that guy? I rolled out of bed and grabbed my sketch book, absentmindedly doodling to try and clear my head. When I looked down at what I had been doodling, I realized it was the same drawing I had been holding in the dream. There was the man staring up at me from my sketchbook page, his beautiful features sketched in silver graphite. What the fuck was going on with my brain? I decided I'd go out to a cafe for breakfast today to try and clear my head a little better. I slipped my sketchbook into my backpack and got dressed. Leaving my apartment, I went to the elevator and pushed the button. I couldn't get that guy out of my head. He was gorgeous, sure. But the way he had been sitting there, silent, and stared at me, just felt so strange. I scrolled on my phone as I rode the elevator, then quickly made my way through the lobby of the apartment building, pushing the doors open and striding onto the sidewalk of the busy street outside. I hiked my backpack higher on my shoulders, making my way down the block to the little coffee shop I liked to frequent. It was a cozy little space, and the staff were very friendly. It had lots of little plants in pots on shelves and on tables and some even hanging from the ceiling. When I arrived, I placed an order for my usual drink and a pastry, then I sat down with my drink and baked good at a small table in the corner of the shop, where I can comfortably people-watch and just enjoy myself. I pulled out my sketchbook, intending to sketch the pretty orchid sitting on my table, but I opened it to the page of the strange mystery man from my dream. I set the sketchbook on the table and took a sip of my drink, instinctually looking up when the bell rang announcing someone else had entered the building. I didn't plan to take much notice of the person, but he immediately caught my eye. The fluffy white hair with dark roots, the dark almond shaped eyes, the glint of the silver earrings, the black t-shirt and jeans. I'm pretty sure my jaw hit the floor as I processed the situation.
"Order for Danny?" The barista asked. I sat there dumbfounded, watching as he picked up his coffee, apparently having called ahead or ordered online or something, and started to leave the shop. I had to talk to him. I scrambled to pack up my things, nearly spilling my drink. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and rushed out the door.
"Wait!" I called. "Wait, Danny!"  He turned.
"Do I know you?" he asked, not unkindly.
"No, I don't think so. I just heard the barista call your name, I'm sorry," I said. I didn't really know what to say now. I hadn't really thought this through. I just held up my sketchbook. "I think I saw you in a dream," I blurted. He stared at me in shock.
"Have we met before?" he asked. I shook my head.
"Not that I know of," I answered. "I just had a really weird dream last night, and I sketched this guy from that dream this morning, and then I saw you in the coffee shop and you looked exactly like the guy in the dream and the drawing, and I don't know I just had to talk to you because this is too fucking weird." it all came stumbling out, no real filter to what I was saying. To his credit, Danny didn't stare at me like I was a crazy person.
"That is either extremely odd," he said. "Or the weirdest pickup line I've ever heard." He gestured to the coffee shop. "Want to sit down and you can tell me more about this dream of yours?" I nodded gratefully. We went back inside, sitting back at the little orchid table in the corner I had been at before.
"I'm Y/N, by the way," I said.
"And you already figured out my name," he laughed. I nodded awkwardly. "So, tell me about this dream."