Part 2

Y/N POV

          I fidgeted nervously as I waited at the coffee shop for Danny to arrive. We had said that we'd meet at 10, and it was 9:55. I had arrived about 20 minutes early out of fear of being late, and now I was just waiting for him to get here. The bell on the door dinged and I looked up to see Danny heading toward me. I was sitting at the little table in the corner with the orchid, just like yesterday. It had just felt right. As Danny approached, my cheeks immediately flushed a bit.
"Hey," he said.
"Hey," I echoed. "So, do you want to get any coffee or anything before we head over to my place? Or..." I trailed off. He shook his head.
"No, I think I'm good for now. Shall we?" He stepped back to allow me to pass. We walked out of the shop, back down the block to my apartment building. We stood awkwardly next to each other in the elevator, and then Danny watched me as I fumbled with my keys. Then we entered my apartment. It was a pretty small apartment. I had a living room that connected to my kitchen, and a bedroom with an ensuite, plus a small closet in the front entryway. There was a large window on the living room wall, and I had a few potted plants on various surfaces. There was a couch in front of the tv, and a small art desk crammed into the corner of the living room. The walls directly next to the desk were plastered with various sketches for about three feet on either side. Danny looked around curiously, before turning his attention back to me.
"So, how do you want to do this?" He asked.
"Um... I'm not sure." I laughed nervously.
"You mentioned you had been sketching the train. Why don't you show me those pictures?" He asked. I led him over to the art desk. The drawings of the interior of the train were taped to the wall directly in front of the desk, and there was one that was half finished still sitting on it. Danny picked it up, inspecting it.
"Do you recognize it at all?" I asked. He shook his head. He set the drawing back on the desk and leaned forward slightly to examine the drawings on the wall.
"Do you?" He asked. I shook my head as well.
"It looks like the interior of a passenger train," I said. "Like, the kind with sleeper cars and stuff. That you take for long trips?"
"I know what you mean."
"I've only ever taken one," I continued. "And it looked pretty different from this one."
"I haven't taken a train like that in a while," Danny said. "And the ones I have taken didn't really look like this either." He turned back to face me.
"So it looks like the train thing's a dead end," I said. He shrugged.
"So that just leaves the soulmate thing," he said.
"Right," I said. I fidgeted with my hands a little, unsure how to proceed.
"Hey, we don't actually have to do this you know," he said softly, touching my arm reassuringly.
"I know. I want to," I said. "I really want answers. I'm just really nervous," I laughed.
"I promise I won't bite," he said. "Well, unless you want me to." I blushed harder. He stepped closer to me, slipping a knuckle under my chin. "Is this okay?" He asked.
"Yeah," I answered breathlessly. He was so close to me! I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. He was so beautiful to look at. He leaned in and pressed his lips to mine. My eyes fluttered shut, and I reached up, putting my arms around his neck. Danny slipped an arm around my waist. The kiss was gentle and slow and nice. We broke apart a moment later. I could feel wind whipping my hair around, and smell pine trees and the faint smell of smoke from the engine of a train. I didn't open my eyes. Instinctually, I knew that if I did, the sensation would go away. Danny's arm was still around my waist, and he pulled me closer as though afraid I would blow away.
"Do you feel that?" He whispered.
"The wind?" I asked.
"Yeah."
"Yeah, I feel it."
"I think that's a sign from the universe if I ever saw one," he said. "Are your eyes open?"
"No. Are yours?"
"No."
"Let's open them on three. Ready?"
"Three."
"Two."
"One."
We opened our eyes. The smells and the sensations were gone. We were standing in my apartment, exactly like we were a moment before. Danny stepped back. His hair didn't look windswept at all. In fact, I would have assumed I had imagined the whole thing if it weren't for the expression on his face.
"So..." he began awkwardly.
"So," I echoed.
"I guess we're soulmates or something?"
"I guess so." I walked over to the couch and sat down. Danny joined me.
"What do we do now?" He asked. I shrugged.
"I'm honestly not sure. I mean, I barely know you." Sitting next to Danny felt right. I don't really know why, it just did.
"Is it weird that I suddenly feel like I've known you my whole life?" Danny asked after a moment of awkward silence.
"No, I feel exactly the same," I answered. I looked over at him. He was gazing intently at me.
"I have the strongest urge to kiss you again," he said softly. This time, it was me who leaned in to kiss him.

Danny's POV

       Unlike our previous kiss, which had been hesitant and gentle, this kiss was more passionate, and filled with hunger. I buried my fingers in Y/N's hair, pulling them closer to me. When we broke apart, I realized that they had climbed on my lap and were straddling me. I placed my hands on their thighs.
"Is this ok?" I asked. They nodded.
"Yeah," they whispered. Their cheeks were red, but this time it wasn't just embarrassment.
"Can I kiss your neck?" I asked. In answer, they tilted their head so I had better access. I wasted no time pressing gentle kisses to the soft skin of their neck. My hands ran up their thighs to the waistband of their jeans.
"May I?" I asked.
"Yes please," they answered. I unbuttoned them, unzipping the fly. They stood up so I could pull the jeans down, leaving them in their underwear and shirt.
"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked.
"It feels right," Y/N answered. I nodded. I knew what they meant. This felt right. Like it was meant to be.
"Do you want to go into your bedroom?" I asked. They took my hand, pulling me into their bedroom before falling onto the bed, pulling me with them. I ended up over top of them, rubbing my hands up their thighs as we kissed again. I moved my hands up to their hips, sliding my fingers under their shirt and up to their chest. When my fingers brushed over their nipples they let out a sigh of pleasure. I played with their chest for a few minutes, enjoying the sounds they made when I pinched their nipples, when I tugged on them. I pushed their shirt up higher, replacing one of my hands with my mouth, closing my teeth around the sensitive bud, enjoying the way their back arched with pleasure. I reached down and pushed their underwear down their legs, letting them kick it off. Then I sat up to peel my shirt off. Y/N took this opportunity to rid themself of their own shirt, leaving me in my pants, and them completely exposed beneath me. I sat back to admire them, basking in their beauty. They really were perfect. I gently pushed their thighs apart, kneeling down and putting my face between their legs. The second my mouth touched them, they were a writhing mess. It was adorable. I dug my nails into their thighs as though I was afraid they would disappear if I didn't keep a tight hold on them. I worked my mouth, basking in the loud cries of pleasure falling from their lips. Finally, I couldn't wait any longer. I had to have them. I stood back up, unbuttoning my jeans and dropping them, along with my underwear. I grabbed a condom from my wallet, rolling it over myself before positioning myself over Y/N'a gorgeous body. I looked down into their blissed out face. Their lips were parted slightly, their chest heaving as they panted with lust.
"Are you ready for me, Y/N?" I asked.
"Yes," they whispered. I pressed my lips to theirs as I pushed inside of them. I began thrusting slowly, not wanting to cause any discomfort. Normally I am so commanding in the bedroom, but with Y/N, this time, I felt the need to be slow and gentle. There would be time for all of that stuff later. We had all the time in the world after all, we were soulmates. Feeling them around me felt so right. Their arms wrapped around my neck, pulling me closer to them. I pressed kisses to their neck and collarbone and shoulder, gripping their thighs tightly as I thrusted into them. They began begging me to go faster, so I obliged. I loved the way they sounded when they begged. I would have to make them beg more often.
"Fuck Danny I'm close!" They cried, arching their back.
"Cum with me Y/N!" I moaned, pounding into them. Then our orgasms hit, and I could feel the wind again as liquid fire spread from my core throughout the rest of my body. I could smell Y/N's shampoo, pine trees, and train engine smoke. I could hear the pounding of my heart and Y/N's moans and the steady clackity-clack-clackity-clack-clackity-clack of the train running along the tracks. As my vision slowly cleared, the sensations faded, apart from the feeling of Y/N pressed close against me. I pulled out, fighting the urge to collapse against them. Instead, I disposed of the condom and then gathered them into my arms. We lay on the bed, Y/N curled in my arms, my chin on their head, for a long time. It felt good. It felt right.
"So," I said after a long while.
"So," Y/N echoed.
"I guess we're soulmates."
"I guess we are."

AUTHOR NOTE: I hope you enjoyed! this was originally supposed to be a single part oneshot, but then I got really into writing it and it ended up being two parts. Anyways, I hope you liked. :) -R